My daughter's "going to Africa" video blog

storm5

AH member
Reaction score
My daughter are going to be a trainee fore one month at Lowlands Hunting Safaris.
She is now making a video blog about her preparations fore this experience. She is doing so to become more comfortable about speaking English and also to handle firearms on here own.
Hoping you guys will encourage here in here efforts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to AH, wish the best to your daughter !

One suggestion, a sling helps in offhand shooting.

Very cute girl! What is her native language? If she said, I couldn't hear it. BTW, it is "guys" not "gays" -- that's a whole different meaning there!

I am very sorry about my misspelling. I have been notified about it, but cant find a way to edit my post.
Her native language is Norwegian.

Don't worry about it. It was amusing.

Good for her!

My wife is 100% Norwegian and spent a summer in Norway doing the opposite. Speaking Norwegian for a whole summer. She is probably one of the few vocal music teachers that has a minor in Norwegian.

Great job I hope she enjoys her time in SA.

Welcome to AH! Nice to have you as part of our community, really looking forward to your input, and Good luck you are really brave!

Very nice :) Enjoy it, I hope it goes well! She speaks better english than most first language english speakers that I know :p

Awesome, she is going to have the time of her life! Don't think she knows how privileged she is

Welcome and best of luck

Welcome to AH! and good luck with your mission! Keep us posted..

Welcome to AH! Nice to have you as part of our community, this forum has a wealth of information from some extremely knowledgeable folks, I do believe they will share some of their hunting tips with you! Good Luck & Enjoy

At first I thought she was just getting to know that .22 but then she closed the bolt on an empty chamber and could hear that there was no shell, so she must have shot it quite a bit. Sounds like it will be a great experience. Her English is coming right along.

Thanks fore all the reply guys, much appreciated.
This was actually her 3 session whit that rifle (first on her own), but she is trying to count rounds so that she dos not close bolt on a empty chamber.

Welcome to AH! Glad you found us and joined our community. !
You can have a look at some of our footwear and gaiters always nice to be prepared for the bush when going to Africa! and the gaiters will help a lot for the unwanted grass in your socks..:)
Have a look at: http://www.africansportingcreations.com/cat_safari_footwear_10.php
Also have a look at our footwear video

Good Luck!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddragontiger4d

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.