My daughter's "going to Africa" video blog

Welcome to AH! Lots of great people here!

Is she doing this for College credit? Not many young women would consider doing this. My hat is off to her. I speak a little Spanish and less German. Trying to communicate in a foreign language can be challenging at times but from what I've seen, she is up to it.

Katharina, good luck with your adventure.
I am enjoying watching your progress.

After watching Katharina's video of her shooting off "sticks" it is obvious that she is unfamiliar with that technique. Using "sticks" was new to me as well. I overcame most of my issues by "dry-firing" at a distant target through my living room window. Another thing she might try to get in some inexpensive practice is to shoot an air rifle off of them. This shooting technique needs to become second nature (very familiar/comfortable) to her.

Thanks guys for all your nice and supporting comments, it is really appreciated.
She is not doing this for College credit, but to learn about here capability and to move limits.
She has always been interested in wild life, hunting and fishing so this is a great opportunity fore here.
She has now made video nr 4

How about trying a bow might fit in around an African Safari more than a revolver?

You could talk to a hunter that is there doing a bow hunt.

Bow is coming. She has been shooting whit compound bows since she was 8 year old and is quite comfortable whit that.
Right now she is trying to get comfortable whit shooting weapons she dont know as well.

Katharina is certainly being exposed to a lot of different firearms and shooting techniques. I hope she has the opportunity to practice each of them many times before going to Africa. It took me years to master the bow, and several years shooting small bore before moving up to high power rifles. I hope she isn't trying to learn too much too fast.

Hi
Thanks fore your comments. I see your point and just want to say that she is not trying to master everything before this trip.
But she wants to try different firearms just to get the basics. What she kneads to master is shooting hunting calibers from sticks, and that is what she praksis the most.

I can safely say she doesn't need to worry about her standard of English. Its rather good. I wish her all the luck. I've spent some time in Tromso enchanting place

Welcome to AH from Minnesota USA. I am really enjoying your posts, your english is fine

Katharina is one "game" (American slang for someone unafraid to take on something new and or challenging) girl. I'm willing to bet that there are lots of guys on this site that wish their daughters and or granddaughters were willing to do what she is doing. You are a lucky Dad.

It is obvious that she has been getting some practice shooting off "sticks." The difference between this latest session with the 458 Win. and her first session with the 308 is like night and day. Without a doubt her confidence is building.

When does she leave for South Africa?

Last edited:
Video nr 3 is up.
After looking at the Video of Katherina shooting her rifle prone using a bipod and seeing the problem she was having I was wondering, if she turned the Bipod around she could lean into it and make it a little more rigid.

After looking at the Video of Katherina shooting her rifle prone using a bipod and seeing the problem she was having I was wondering, if she turned the Bipod around she could lean into it and make it a little more rigid.
I don’t think that she head problems whit the Bipods, but this was the first time that she sighted in a rifle by herself. She had a new batch of ammo and was switching from 200grs bullets, to 165grs bullets.

If you turn the Bipods and lean into them, they would flip up. The way they are mounted now, they fold forward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeviEbswor

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.