Lurking Birder gives a shout out

Welcome to AH Kim.

Hi Kim! When I hunted Namibia in 2014, seeing the different birds was one of the highlights of my trip. The damn doves could start to drive a guy around the bend though! I would love to snoop around your library for a week or two...I love hunting books, but don't see them very often.

Welcome to AH

Wow what a library! Welcome aboard the A train! I'd really enjoy seeing some pictures you have taken of some African birds.
If you've only been reading about Africa for a mere 40 years, you're a little young for my blood;)! I read Mr Ruark's stories in The Saturday Evening Post in the '50s. My favorite reading material.

Welcome to this great Forum. Enjoy interacting...and gathering useful information to take an informative decision.

Welcome Kim, I enjoyed your post. On my first trip to Africa, I asked my outfitter if he could have a good field guide of birds for me to reference on my hunt. He did and that book made two more trips with me.

One evening one of his children and I sat down and went over my Africa bird list. There were in excess of 50 species I was able to add to my life list. There were some funny stories, too, about birds alerting game we stalked, ruining the chance for a shot. It's all part of a great hunt.

Welcome. Hope to see your insights on this site.

Welcome Kim..awesome to have you and your fantastic mind on this site!!
I would seriously look at getting over here asap..it's not that difficult etc.

Welcome!! I've started building my own little collection of books - I'm only 985 books short of you, plus or minus. :)

As the others have said, I'd love to see some of your pics. Maybe you can do a short report or 2 from previous trips?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReeceI0162

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.
dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair
Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!