Let’s see your pup

IMG_7631.jpeg
IMG_7533.jpeg
IMG_7147.jpeg

GUS-watching baseball with his baseball, or tennis ball or whatever he can chase and play with. But his real love is snuggling with the family, if you are laying down, Gus is snuggling with you

Everyone's pet pics and stories are great- Thumbs up to all!

We got our four-legged family member about 3 1/2 years ago, a young neutered male out of the pound/foster system. He is a 15 lb maltipoo X Heinz something?

Really easy going boy. Of course spoiled rotten now. Have included a series a pics showing him from pound mug shot to current. One question I have is why do most all dogs put on the "abused, pitiful me" look when they get a bath ?? :) included a pic of that look also.

Sometime late this summer he started begging at the dinner table, something he had never done before. No one fessed up. But as is always the case, these conspiracies are usually solved in time. Last month the boy dog, my daughter and I went up into the high country for the last picnic and fishing trip of the season. I caught the co-conspirators in the act. Pic shows the boy and my daughter sitting on a stump sharing a ham sandwich- busted! :)

IMG_0775.JPG

IMG_4577.JPG

IMG_3781.JPG

IMG_4572.JPG

Another Otto.

IMG_5683.jpg

As Troy McClure might say... 'you might recognise him from such threads as So it's Tuesday..., Bird Hunting Pictures, One for KP and The price you pay at Christmas'.

We had a local illustrator do an impression of the farm, naturally including the hound, lurking in the shadows, ever vigilant.:) .

IMG_5992.jpg

Here's his son, Max - who seems to have landed in a good (allbeit non hunting) home.

IMG_7167.jpg

Last edited:
5e294d0e-d5da-416f-830b-8f2b0c7fd982.jpg

Quattro
A cross blue tick

A genuine blood tracking hunting dog
Been torn up anfew times but still tracks so well

Forgot to post this one. Not sure if this footage belongs here, or in Bird Hunting Pictures.

For a successful hunt, the fee is probably somewhere between that for a brace of pheasants and an Impala ram, depending on the quarry. :ROFLMAO:

Son was curious as to wether the young GSP could outrun his new drone.

Last edited:
IMG_4238.png
21392cb1-d25c-4438-8658-35d1e0b2320b.jpeg

Got her Saturday. Big personality in an 8 lbs package! (Bernedoodle). We lost our Lab to an unexpected tumor a few months ago. I saw quickly that the family was melting down so.....

My girl Kali is not doing well. After visiting the vet yesterday, we learned that she has lost some weight. The Vet pointed out that her rear legs have lost a lot of muscle mass. Which explains why she has been very lethargic. Waiting for the test results to see what's wrong and come up with a game plan. I'm praying that it's nothing serious, but I'm preparing myself for the worst.

I posted a picture of her earlier on here. We rescued her from a shelter at 8 years old to give her a wonderful life in our home. I hate that these beautiful dogs don't live long.

My apologies for posting this on here, but I figure if anyone, you all would understand the pain we are going through. Thank you!

Kali.jpg

My girl Kali is not doing well. After visiting the vet yesterday, we learned that she has lost some weight. The Vet pointed out that her rear legs have lost a lot of muscle mass. Which explains why she has been very lethargic. Waiting for the test results to see what's wrong and come up with a game plan. I'm praying that it's nothing serious, but I'm preparing myself for the worst.

I posted a picture of her earlier on here. We rescued her from a shelter at 8 years old to give her a wonderful life in our home. I hate that these beautiful dogs don't live long.

My apologies for posting this on here, but I figure if anyone, you all would understand the pain we are going through. Thank you!

View attachment 578331

That’s tough. Very sorry to hear that and hoping for a good diagnosis and quick recovery.

Image1704375727.076974.jpg

Image1704375752.581383.jpg
Image1704375766.318342.jpg

We’re having a great year on wild quail on our farm this year. The girls are having a blast!

View attachment 578331
These are hard times. We just lost our Lab unexpectedly to cancer a few months ago. Seemed fine one day and crashed the next. During these times we just have to recognize home much the dog enhanced our life and the fact that we in turn gave them a great life. Best of luck and I hope you get a good outcome with Kali.

My current: Echo, a 110 pound female AK husky mix - or so sayeth the Mat-Su Animal Shelter, from which I got her 2 years ago, about her lineage. I have had exceedingly good luck with used dogs through the years, and Echo is no exception. She is an absolute sweetie, if a bit of a diva. She drives my wife and daughters nuts because she'll try to get away with stuff with them, but I am her alpha; she does not cross me on anything. She has been a loving, playful companion, and I am happy to have her. An odd quirk: her eyes splay out to the sides, a la Marty Feldman in Young Frankenstein, and it gets more pronounced if she is stressed or excited.

323120823_566395471690488_4035278787024784338_n.jpg

323067639_588539386431004_1812441286847893658_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeMo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you