dvdegeorge

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
North American Hunting Club, NRA. RMEF, NWTF, SCI
I have paid my deposit and will be heading to South Africa mid Sept 2012 for my honeymoon/safari
Will be heading to Cape town 1st for some R&R and sight seeing then on to camp for 6 days. I will be hunting with Wintershoek/Johnny Vivier for plains game. Can't decide which I'm looking forward to more the wedding or the safari :)
I'll be taking along my .338-06

Cheers!

I hope your soon-to-be wife is also a hunter; I'm lucky to have a great wife who loves to hunt. My buddies are jealous b/c she'd rather have guns than jewelry. We're headed for our 2nd Africa trip (Zim) soon...Have fun!

Congrats, to the both of you. Enjoy the Safari.

Congrat's dvdegeorge! On both counts! My wife and I spent our honeymoon hunting in the hill country of Texas. It's great to have a wife that hunts....only now it cost me twice as much!!! LOL

I know a guy who went on safari for his honeymoon, his wife is also a hunter. They have the best honeymoon pictures ever!!!

Well, you pulled the trigger on that one! How lucky you are that your wife is such a good sport to take a huntingmoon in South Africa with you. Conratulations dvdegeorge! :biggrin2:

Yes especially since she isn't a hunter!
Johnny Vivier has a beautiful luxury camp with pool and spa so I'm sure she will have a great time also.... How could she not she will be with me!

Congrats to you dvdegeorge!

Are you going to stay at Thuru lodge? That one are for sure a real 5 star! Pool, jacucci and spa! Your wife gonna love it!
The hunting are excellent as well.

Good luck and congratulations !

Go have fun!

Congrats to you dvdegeorge!

Are you going to stay at Thuru lodge? That one are for sure a real 5 star! Pool, jacucci and spa! Your wife gonna love it!
The hunting are excellent as well.
Yes that's where we are headed!

Have fun dvdegeorge! Congrats!

nd

Have fun and congrats!

Thanks for all the well wishes!....Also I highly recomend Lori at Travel Express for all of your travel need. Her prices are great and flight arrangments are superior to every one elses!

Congrats dvdegeorge on the wedding and the "huntingmoon" nicely put by Jerome! Glad I'm able to help with the travel arrangements and look forward to working with you along the way. I'm not sure you should answer the wedding or safari question outloud - just to play it safe but I think we all know! :cool:

dvdegeorge- My wife and I are celebrating our 20th this April in Namibia. Plan on your 20th there also!

Congrats, have a good time and take a lot of pictures, you cannot take too many!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MerriPrieu

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.