Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life, Handloaders Anonymous
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Dang...about the time a get a rifle set up, lots of components stocked, something happens.

This time it is the culmination of a near 7-figure loss in my retirement accounts due to that nasty little thing called Chapter 11 (not me personally, but a couple of companies I had a lot of money invested in).

So, not only will I be working an extra 10 years, but Africa is definitely off the radar.

Having this rifle in the safe only reminds me of what I can't use it for...so it's got to go!

I bought it very reasonably, and I am not going to try to make money on it. I have spent some money modifying it though...so here goes.

No 1 in .416 Rigby bought here from AZDave. Added a Limbsaver, a 14oz Graco Mercury tube, a NECG peep sight. Rifle also currently has a Nikon African 1-4 with German #4 that can stay on the rifle or come off.

I also have the following:

~ 1,400 Hornady 400gr Interbond bullets
75 350gr Speer bullets
67 new Norma cases
40 new Hornady cases
RCBS 416 - 350 - FN bullet mold
RCBS mold handles
RCBS and Lyman dies (your choice...I'll keep a set. They are both good)

Now for the prices:

Rifle: I paid $650 for the rifle, then $190 for the NECG peep, Mercury recoil reducer and Limbsaver delivered. So $840 ftf or plus shipping gets the rifle as modified. Somebody is going to be happy! The Nikon can stay on for another $225.

Bullets: I paid an average of 42 cents each for the Hornady bullets...so I'll sell them for 40 cents, plus shipping. Let's say 200 minimum to make the packaging worthwhile.

Speer bullets are 60 cents each plus actual freight.

New Norma brass for $2.25 each plus shipping.

New Hornady brass for $1.75 each plus shipping.

RCBS Mold (dropped maybe 100 bullets...so just getting broke in) $65 plus the freight. Handles an extra $35.

Dies (either set) $40 plus freight.

None of the extras gets sold until the rifle sells and the rifle buyer gets first shot at the goodies.

If/when the rifle buyer passes on stuff, then I can release the other stuff.

If you want dibs on any of the extras, post here or pm me. Available goodies will go to folks based on first-come first-served, once they are available.

If someone wants the whole she-bang, they can have it all for the further discounted price of $1,600 without the Nikon, or $1,800 with.

IMG_0420.JPG
IMG_0422.JPG
IMG_0424.JPG
IMG_0430.JPG

Thanks for looking!

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear Tim, I hope it finds a nice new home!

nice rifle ,good luck with the sale .

I am sorry tarbe. That's a beautiful rifle and I hope you can move it quickly.

Tim I am truly sorry to hear of this for you and the wife. That is a gorgeous stock on that 1H, but I already have one in .416 Rigby. I hope you get it sold fast so you can start rebuilding.

I am very sorry to hear of this unfortunate turn of events. But, I admire what seems to be a very calm and level-headed approach to the problem. I bet your planning pays off very soon. Good luck with the sale.

WOW nice price on a very nice Rifle

If you lived in RSA, I'd take this off your hands in a heartbeat… I wish you strength and luck. Africa isn't that great any way; we have really corrupt governments, shitty exchange rates and some of the worst crime in the world.

$1800 for everything including shipping. If agreeable consider it sold. I'm going to be out of pocket for several days. PM me and we can talk privately about the details. Charlie Austin will vouch for me if necessary.

Congratulations to Tim and Shootist 43. I am happy for both of you on this deal!!!

Don't give up the Dream of Africa, I had to take a pay cut to keep working and it will play hell with my chances of hunting Africa again but refuse to give up on going back, somewhere there's a Cape Buffalo with my Name on it.

Man I am so sorry to hear this. Keep you chin up. My grandmother always used to tell me that whenever God closes a door he opens a window, I believe that to be true.

Tim,

The way you handle yourself with honor and grace is a testament. As you've always told me, there is a plan, and another rifle. :)

$1800 for everything including shipping. If agreeable consider it sold. I'm going to be out of pocket for several days. PM me and we can talk privately about the details. Charlie Austin will vouch for me if necessary.

You might want to get better references, lol. Glad you were able to get a great deal and help Tarbe out.

I will shoot you a PM.

Man I am so sorry to hear this. Keep you chin up. My grandmother always used to tell me that whenever God closes a door he opens a window, I believe that to be true.

Erik

I have been telling people there is only one thing worse than losing a million dollars...and it is falling in love with a million dollars.

Actually, there are a lot of things worse than losing a million dollars - not that I'd wish this on anyone. But I have faith, family, and friends. More than a LOT of folks have.

So I still have a lot to be thankful for! :)

Thanks to all for your kind words.

My financial advice for the day (not that anyone should want to take financial advice from me at the moment)...don't be tempted to forsake your rules regarding diversification, and never try to catch a falling knife!!! I did both both of the above and it can be very painful!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GiuseppeMc

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you