AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
Canada (AB,SK,ON,QC,NB,NS) USA (TX,ME) South Africa (6) Argentina
Fellow Canadians, I have done some research on importing a CITES animal (Bontebok) into Canada and received some great info (Thanks Brickburn) on the forms to be filled out at Environment Canada and it seems to be a relatively easy process, but dealing with the government seldom is easy, therefore i was wondering if anyone has had some experience with importing a CITES trophy into Canada?

Bueller, Anyone?

Okay, another question then. Declaring value of your taxidermy at Canada Customs, would that basically be the taxidermist bill for tax purposes? Just trying to figure out what the final leg of the journey would cost.

Bueller, Anyone?

Okay, another question then. Declaring value of your taxidermy at Canada Customs, would that basically be the taxidermist bill for tax purposes? Just trying to figure out what the final leg of the journey would cost.

The folks in the office will want your invoice from the taxidermist.
The other one they will want (at some offices eg. YYC ) is the cost of the trophy fee or they will impute the value.

Thanks again Brickburn, the taxidermy fee seemed logical and i will keep a copy of the trophy fees as well, just in case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemonaThra

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you