Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Wildlife ranching SA.Phasa
PHOTO-2023-01-03-09-25-01.jpg

Tsala Safaris is proud to bring AH members the opportunity to hunt on our new big 4 ( Elephant , Rhino , Buffalo and Leopard ) 16 000 acres property.We have exclusive hunting rights on this beautiful property in the North West Province of South Africa.

Buffalo herds are self sustainable and we will hunt old bulls with no size limits.We will track the buffalo on foot from fresh tracks at ponds and rivers and where we find fresh tracks from roads dragged.You will regularly encounter Elephant and Rhino that roam the property freely.

Total $ 11 500

The hunt will include all day fees for 7 Days and 8 Nights
Transfer to and from Johannesburg Int Airport, all meals , drinks and beverages (Beer and Wine ) , Laundry services , Professional hunter services , Trackers , skinners , Hunting vehicle , Field prep of trophy and transport to local taxidermy.

Excluding:
All cost incurred before and after Safari , Taxidermy and shipping cost , Hard liquor ( Whiskey , Bourbon , etc )

Outfitter : Tsala Safaris
Area : North West Province , South Africa

You are most welcome to contact me anytime for info.Looking forward to hearing from you.Please have a look under hunting reports here on AH for various clients that have hunted buffalo with us.

Other animals can be added at additional cost.
Other hunter/observers welcome at additional cost.

View attachment 508948
Corner River with barge.jpg

rsz_main_lodge_reflection.jpg

Regards

Rouan

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 508924

Tsala Safaris is proud to bring AH members the opportunity to hunt on our new big 4 ( Elephant , Rhino , Buffalo and Leopard ) 16 000 acres property.We have exclusive hunting rights on this beautiful property in the North West Province of South Africa.

Buffalo herds are self sustainable and we will hunt old bulls with no size limits.We will track the buffalo on foot from fresh tracks at ponds and rivers and where we find fresh tracks from roads dragged.You will regularly encounter Elephant and Rhino that roam the property freely.

Total $ 11 500

The hunt will include all day fees for 7 Days and 8 Nights
Transfer to and from Johannesburg Int Airport, all meals , drinks and beverages (Beer and Wine ) , Laundry services , Professional hunter services , Trackers , skinners , Hunting vehicle , Field prep of trophy and transport to local taxidermy.

Excluding:
All cost incurred before and after Safari , Taxidermy and shipping cost , Hard liquor ( Whiskey , Bourbon , etc )

Outfitter : Tsala Safaris
Area : North West Province , South Africa

You are most welcome to contact me anytime for info.Looking forward to hearing from you.Please have a look under hunting reports here on AH for various clients that have hunted buffalo with us.

Other animals can be added at additional cost.
Other hunter/observers welcome at additional cost.

View attachment 508948
View attachment 508947
View attachment 508950

Regards

Rouan
Rouan do you now have leopard hunts? Nathan and I are looking for two leopards on a joint hunt. You can PM me. I will see you at your booth with my wife. Looking forward to seeing you and the family!

A good offer. What is the nearest town?

Just out of interest, what's the kind of fencing associated with this reserve? As in, is it fenced around the whole perimeter, or is it only on one side? I ask this as the reserve has elephants so I assume they're able to wander out into other areas?

Educate a new guy. What's the difference?
Alright, so basically a 'ranch' in South Africa would be a decently-sized plot of land with game that is frequently stocked. The game management is very tightly controlled and the animals often have to be given food and water to survive, as there aren't enough natural features to harbour a self-sustaining population.

Whereas a game reserve has a completely self-sustaining population of game and, at most, the animals might be supplemented with salt and water via 'boreholes' (wells) if it happens to be a particularly dry area. As a result, hunting is usually much more limited so that the natural balance of the ecosystem isn't disturbed.

There's a common misconception that a hunting area has to have no fences for it to be considered 'wild,' but this isn't necessarily true. Game fences are often erected to help deter poaching and cattle encroachment, or simply to act as a visible boundary.

Alright, so basically a 'ranch' in South Africa would be a decently-sized plot of land with game that is frequently stocked. The game management is very tightly controlled and the animals often have to be given food and water to survive, as there aren't enough natural features to harbour a self-sustaining population.

Whereas a game reserve has a completely self-sustaining population of game and, at most, the animals might be supplemented with salt and water via 'boreholes' (wells) if it happens to be a particularly dry area. As a result, hunting is usually much more limited so that the natural balance of the ecosystem isn't disturbed.

There's a common misconception that a hunting area has to have no fences for it to be considered 'wild,' but this isn't necessarily true. Game fences are often erected to help deter poaching and cattle encroachment, or simply to act as a visible boundary.
Correct. Remember that game fences are mandatory in South Africa. Although some people love to hate game fencing I assure you that without it it would rapidly gegenerate into a free for all.

Many game ranched are however not "frequently stocked" as stated.....
Many have to resort to game capture and removal of game as there are too many, yes these are the larger ranches

Many game ranched are however not "frequently stocked" as stated.....
Many have to resort to game capture and removal of game as there are too many, yes these are the larger ranches
Yes, I should have pointed that out.

This specific property has only recently started being hunted again and they have an offer on AH for cull hunts currently for Wildebeest and Impala.

Have talked with lots of folks, in several countries, while planning for a buffalo hunt. I have not hunted this property, but I think they have close to 500 buffalo (correct me if needed), lots of cover, and very limited recent hunting; that makes this the first place in RSA that has caught my interest. (For buffalo) .....there's got to be some toads in there....FWB

Hi All

The property is fully fenced.16 000 acres in the Bushveld compares favourable to double even triple the same size in more arid areas like Northern Cape or areas out West in US like Wyoming and Utah.

Regards

Rouan

Hi Tanks unfortunately no , there are no permits allocated from government for Elephant, Rhino or Lion in South Africa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Martinlaw

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.