Always do as you Professional Hunter says

I want to hope thats what happened but something tells me it didn't. If I was in camp with a moron like that good god I would avoid him live corona

I guess I avoid sharing a hunting camp with people I don’t know because you never know who might be at the dinner table .

I guess I avoid sharing a hunting camp with people I don’t know because you never know who might be at the dinner table .

Totally agree. In 9 safaris I’ve been in one shared camp. It won’t happen again. Not typically an issue in remote bush camps.

“The one on the right…” Wow he was a little trigger happy!
@Andrew Short
You've got to love it when people can't tell the left from the right.
I was out with a bloke after pigs one day a nd spotted 2 good ones. I told him I would take the one on the left. He replied your left or my left. I didn't know there was a difference.
Needless to say he shot the one I was aiming at and it ended up with 2 holes in it. The other on the right only h as one 35 cal hole in it from me.
Silly me I didn't know there were 2 lefts, moe and his.
Bob

Yeah I heard something about "32 grand" in the background lol . That would be a tough financial pill for me to swallow!
@R.M.C.
That sounds a bit steep you see buff hunt trophy fees for 7,500 on this site but t even so 15,000 is well out of my budget. Hell for 8 and a half grand my son and i got 13 head of plains game and that included over 2,000 for a kudu.
That's why I DON'T hunt any of the big stuff, short pockets.
Bob

@Andrew Short
You've got to love it when people can't tell the left from the right.
I was out with a bloke after pigs one day a nd spotted 2 good ones. I told him I would take the one on the left. He replied your left or my left. I didn't know there was a difference.
Needless to say he shot the one I was aiming at and it ended up with 2 holes in it. The other on the right only h as one 35 cal hole in it from me.
Silly me I didn't know there were 2 lefts, moe and his.
Bob
Hahaha now that’s great!

@R.M.C.
That sounds a bit steep you see buff hunt trophy fees for 7,500 on this site but t even so 15,000 is well out of my budget. Hell for 8 and a half grand my son and i got 13 head of plains game and that included over 2,000 for a kudu.
Bob

Depends if they just charge u the trophy fee or the full hunt cost for the second buff. If they are sold out for the season it may be the latter. If it’s not worked out ahead of time it could go bAdly.

@R.M.C.
Bob
Don't compare a Buff HUNT with a Buff SHOOT. They are not the same thing and they are not charged at the same rate.

I shared a camp with @Vanguard2279 and @dabloobana. It was awesome than along came a big Canadian guy (no not @BRICKBURN). This dude was twice the size of me but after some drink wanted a fight. I must say I found the whole thing very funny

I have to ask... so who won? :E Rofl: :D Drunk:
Well the dude was BIG and drunk. I was ready for him but the PH's had other plans. They took him to one side and talked some sense into him. One of the PH's pointed at me and said Jack Russell if he cant fuck you he will kill you. @dabloobana was trying to deescalate the situation. All this happened while @Vanguard2279 went to the bathroom he came back everything was over and we were all laughing about it. The Canadian was ordered to go to bed and he did.

I dont like fighting but if put into a corner I can be very Jack Russell like
JRs VS Rhino.jpg

Photo courtesy of @DAVE FREEBURN SAFARIS

I shared a camp with @Vanguard2279 and @dabloobana. It was awesome than along came a big Canadian guy (no not @BRICKBURN). This dude was twice the size of me but after some drink wanted a fight. I must say I found the whole thing very funny

I hope he was from Eastern Canada , us westerners are usually quite polite. Beyond me how someone could be like that on Safari. It should be one of the happiest time of ones life!

From everything I have read in your posts @norfolk shooter it would be an absolute pleasure to spend time around a campfire with you! Always enjoy reading what you post on here.

That could be said for most on this site. Many good people.

I hope he was from Eastern Canada , us westerners are usually quite polite. Beyond me how someone could be like that on Safari. It should be one of the happiest time of ones life!

From everything I have read in your posts @norfolk shooter it would be an absolute pleasure to spend time around a campfire with you! Always enjoy reading what you post on here.

Amen to that. Thank you very much for your kind words I'm sure my partner doesnt feel the same way :ROFLMAO: . The chap was from Calgary not sure if that helps. I think it was the booze and the fact that he fucked up on his cat hunt that I was asked to tag along on seeing as I spotted the cat.

well its nice that they admitted to it. I keep thinking about hunting mouflon

That´s why I only hunt with people I know and trust, no surprises among gentlemen

Probably his malaria meds. They affect some people like that.

Probably his malaria meds. They affect some people like that.
or his new hunting shorts were just a bit too tight... putting a constant gentle squeeze on certain delicate parts..

Am I missing something, when the PH kept saying the one on the right, the Buffalo was clearly not on the right any longer after the first shot and was a good 30-40 yards to the left of the other one. I can't understand what the PH was saying when he was whispering because my hearing is shit, so maybe the explanation is in that somewhere? Was the one that he shot second the one the PH was originally thinking he was going to shoot?
I thought the same thing.

@R.M.C.
Bob
Yeah I was thinking the same thing!!!! I'd definitely rather spend ten days hunting multiple species than go to Africa for one big expensive animal. I'm a working man lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roll_the_Knob!

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.