Anybody used Universal Trophy Services for Salt & Dip

spk1142

New member
Joined
May 28, 2010
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Am planning to use Universal Trophy Services to salt and dip my trophy's on this trip. Has anybody had any experience with them. May use the pretan for the one's I plan to mount--any one use this before and what kind of luck did they have.
 
Are you Talking about Rupert Dedekind I have been to his shop he has a first class operation. he is also a Taxidermist he is doing 11 of my animals right now.
 
Are you Talking about Rupert Dedekind I have been to his shop he has a first class operation. he is also a Taxidermist he is doing 11 of my animals right now.

How did they turn out? I am considering using Rupert on my trophies from my recent hunt in the Limpopo Region.
 
I have used them on many flat skins and have been very happy so far.The only hiccup was a giraffe backskin that took nearly two years :(
 
Universal Trophy Services

How did they turn out? I am considering using Rupert on my trophies from my recent hunt in the Limpopo Region.

I only used Rupert for the Dip and Ship. The skins came back well done and soaked up really good. Service was a little slower than he told me, but not out of line with others.

Since I am a taxidermist I do my own mounts so can't tell you about his quality. A note though. It will end up cheaper for you to have your mounts done in the states and if any problems you will have recourse. We have some of the best taxidermists in the world in the USA. I have seen 1st hand the quality of some African mounts and they on average are a much lesser quality than you'll get here. Of course there are exceptions, but consider that a shop in Africa puts out 1000+ a year and hires local help at nothing wages.Hope this helps you some.

If you want to talk to a taxidermist in your state just call the states taxidermy association.

Scott
 
I have my May Safari there and Rupert is doing the tanning for me. I did plenty of research before I chose him and several of the top taxidermy shops in the states who deal with him regularly gave him 2 thumbs up for both service and quality. So far communication has been timely and since his estimate for completion time has not yet lapsed I cannot speak to that end of things. I am sure I will be pleased with the results.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,340
Messages
1,573,323
Members
169,736
Latest member
FernKon189
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top