I’ve used a TTSX 180 gr in a 300 wsm at 3,000fps on everything from a dik dik to an eland. Everything has gone less than 40 yards. Good expansion and penetration on everything. An excellent bullet for sure
I question how delta gets by with their prices and their service. Not so hung up on the service but it’s only occasionally when we fly that delta makes it on time or doesn’t cancel the flight.
Working on loading 300 WSM for Tanzania in August. 180 gr Barnes TTSX, H4350. Peterson brass. Browning x bolt pro mountain shoots 5 shots 3/4” @ 100 yds.
My daughter and I are hunting in August on 14 day licenses natron area out of Arusha. Hunting plains game. Flying Atlanta, Doha, to Arusha. We’re hunting with Robin Hurt. We talked to Tom Dreyer at the 2025 SCI show he had an amazing deal on 4 Buffalo in Tanzania. $16K plus trophy fees if my...
I’ve flown with bolt in and out. I’ve never had any issues with damage, but I generally fly with it out now. It seems to make it easier for gate agents and whoever else have to check the rifle feel good quicker about it being unloaded.
I don’t feel comfort plus is worth the extra cost. If you measured it I’m sure you’d have more room but it isn’t a noticeable difference to me. Go economy or premium don’t bother in between
Awesome caliber and gun! It will flatten any deer or pigs you shoot with it. The model 71 is everything a lever action should be. The quality and smoothness of the 71 is unrivaled in my opinion. Go for it you won’t regret the purchase.
Hornady is decent quality brass. On some of my prairie dog calibers I have as many as 8 reloads on hornady brass and still going. As far as consistency of weight, length etc, hornady usually has a bigger variance than normal, lapua, adg, etc
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.