Recent content by Wildwillalaska

  1. Wildwillalaska

    Want To Buy Dakota 10 or 76 7mm Dakota

    I have a Dakota Model 10 that’s an early rifle, 3-digit serial, in 330 Dakota. It’s minty condition, metal and wood, but admit the stock is not as highly figured as some you come across. Feel free to PM for details if interested.
  2. Wildwillalaska

    Leopard cartridge choice; Poll

    Meaning to distinguish from a follow-up after tracking a wounded leopard into the thick scary stuff. Ideally only shot…but not sure how to word to impart intended meaning other than “initial.”
  3. Wildwillalaska

    Leopard cartridge choice; Poll

    Legitimate side question, if the blind is set within appropriate range, is a 500NE double simply a dumb idea for initial (hopefully only) shot on a leopard?
  4. Wildwillalaska

    Rigby 300 H&H For Sale (Paul Roberts era/Oberndorf Mauser)

    Love this rifle so, so very much and almost bought it from Paul, and then when I finally decided I was foolish to pass and reached out, he had just sold it to you. Wish I could help take it off your hands, but presently, I have an abundance of bolt guns I already need to thin out, and looking...
  5. Wildwillalaska

    Want To Sell Swarovski Pure 10x32 Mint

    Well, to help add some incentive before I talk myself into keeping these as my truck glasses, I’ll throw in a minty Voss & Co. canvas strap to sweeten things a bit.
  6. Wildwillalaska

    Magna-Porting a Double Rifle?

    There was a older Heym 88b with oval ports on the top of the barrels that went through auction a good while back, and think it also might have been a 458WM, so unconventional on a couple fronts. Sold super super cheap as one would expect. I wouldn’t magnaport or put a break on a big bore...
  7. Wildwillalaska

    Swarovski 8X32 EL Range or 8X32 NL Pure

    I’ve run 10x42 EL Range for a while now and most recent have the TA. I used them last October on a hunt in Northern Zim and loved them as always, but since hunting primarily with a double, I also didn’t use the range feature as often, but still did more out of curiosity. Rolling into my hunt...
  8. Wildwillalaska

    How to pack pelican case

    I take the scopes off and into a separate foam pocket in the hard case if I need the room for clearance/fitment without moving up to a larger case. So if bringing a single rifle, most often the scope just travels affixed or in my carry on. So for my Rigby bolt gun, it’s traveled both scope...
  9. Wildwillalaska

    Tredoux and Murray Leather Culling Cartridge Belts

    Both belts are now spoken for. Thanks for the kind comments and consideration. Cheers, Will
  10. Wildwillalaska

    450/400 NE 3" for Elephant

    Fellow forum member @Franco has taken a few elephant with his Heym 450/400 with great performance on each. He shared his decision to move up to a 500 wasn’t because the 450/400 seemed less capable to taking bulls, but had one hunt get a little western with multiple elephant charging by and if...
  11. Wildwillalaska

    How to pack pelican case

    Here is the gunfoam.com insert for my 1700s cases, used it in April/May this year on the trip to Zimbabwe and Botswana. And then the newest foam insert I’m dragging back to Zimbabwe in less than two weeks…it fits my 1720s and as you can see, fits the two doubles I’m taking. Next one I order...
  12. Wildwillalaska

    How to pack pelican case

    If doing yourself, order a set of closed cell foam for the case and lay out as you’d like and cut. Below is my last minute attempt last October when my foam didn’t arrive in time, and had considered taking a 1720 case with the barreled action out of the stock, but things proved tighter than I...
  13. Wildwillalaska

    Want To Sell Swarovski Pure 10x32 Mint

    Thanks gents…too kind.
  14. Wildwillalaska

    Tredoux and Murray Leather Culling Cartridge Belts

    For cartridge fitment and sizing, couple additional photos. The Murray is totally unused so the elastic loops are virgin ready to accommodate and settle into whatever cartridge you run. It will absolutely snugly fit 416 Rigby through 500NE…and bet same for 375 if someone needs me to try for...
  15. Wildwillalaska

    Want To Sell Courteney Boots Selous & Nduna 11.5

    SPF to mms45.
 
Top