Recent content by Uintaelkhunter

  1. Uintaelkhunter

    Annealing 450/400

    The Giraud annealer has worked well for me. I have looked into the AMP annealer as well but for the price point I think the giraud is the way to go. It will do 22 hornet all the way up to 50 BMG if you buy all the wheels that go with it 6 of them in total.
  2. Uintaelkhunter

    577 NE double rifles

    Just received my Heym 89b 577 nitro a month ago now and in the process of working it in and getting some rounds do the pipes. I’m hoping to get it on a big jumbo hunt in 27 or 28 if I can. A true classic double rifle round
  3. Uintaelkhunter

    Left handed shooters

    They are both Heym 89b one is a 450-400 the other is a 577 nitro. Not pictured but I also have a 88 b left handed double in 500 nitro.
  4. Uintaelkhunter

    Left handed shooters

    I’m left handed and left eyed. I shot right handed bolts growing up but once I was able to buy my own I switched to left handed guns mostly. I have savage and Remington stock rifles Blaser rifles and semi custom to full custom built bolt guns and doubles. I shot PRS match’s for a while and when...
  5. Uintaelkhunter

    What would yall consider a “Lifetime worth of ammunition” for a double rifle?

    300 rnds of loaded ammo or at least brass with another 600-900 bullets mix of softs and solids is a good start. Depending on caliber I would say the bigger the caliber the smaller the supply you will need if it’s a double you plan to hunt plainsgame with along with dangerous game then you will...
  6. Uintaelkhunter

    Heym 89b in 577 N.E.

    There is a step up in recoil in the 577 from the 500 but it’s not unbearable. I will try to explain if you have shot a 450-400 and then shot a 470 it not quite as much of a step up in recoil as that is but it is notable and if you have shot a 470 then shot a 500 nitro there is a small difference...
  7. Uintaelkhunter

    Heym 89b in 577 N.E.

    That I have and thanks for the info. I have 150 rounds of loaded ammo another 80 pieces of brass and a few hundred TSX and banded solids and a hundred pcs each of cutting edge solids in 750 gr and 650 gr
  8. Uintaelkhunter

    Heym 89b in 577 N.E.

    I would definitely like some load info if your willing to msg me it. I put 6 shots thru it today and was able to sight in the rmr. So far it was not that bad a bit more recoil than my 500 but really not that much more I think I could have shot double what I did no problem. It defiantly has some...
  9. Uintaelkhunter

    Heym 89b in 577 N.E.

    I’ve had three years to source it so I have accumulated what I think is a lifetime supply. I got 80 rounds loaded from a guy on here. They were loaded by superior ammo in Jameson brass with Barnes tsx and solids. Then I got another 19 rounds from a guy on here loaded with 650 gr woodleighs at...
  10. Uintaelkhunter

    Heym 89b in 577 N.E.

    Here are some pictures or the best I could get my 500 and the 577 with the stippling to cut glare it’s kinda hard to tell from the photos but out in natural sunlight it defiantly helps your eyes focus on the iron sights better I think.
  11. Uintaelkhunter

    Heym 89b in 577 N.E.

    I will get back once I put some round thru the 577 as I have not had a chance to get out and shoot it yet. My 500 weight 10-3/4 lbs so it’s on the light end for what a 500 should be. I handle it on problem so I’m hoping jumping up to the 577 it will not be much more notable recoil
  12. Uintaelkhunter

    Heym 89b in 577 N.E.

    Well said others that have got rifles have experienced the same issues I have said. The problems I have had and if you call Germany to order a rifle they will have you go thru Heym USA something about them being the only distribution for the USA.
  13. Uintaelkhunter

    Heym 89b in 577 N.E.

    It’s been well said but I will state my experiences. Once you get your deposit in it is very hard to get ahold of Heym USA to get any updates on your order from Chris or Heym USA. I think he will tell you anything to get the deposit then you get the run around after but that is just my...
  14. Uintaelkhunter

    Heym 89b in 577 N.E.

    I can tell you both of my rifles I was quoted a much shorter wait time from When I actually received them this last one the 577 I was originally quoted August 2025 and just received in end of July 2026 not sure if that is the case but it has been for both mine. I understand a month or two...
  15. Uintaelkhunter

    Heym 89b in 577 N.E.

    Thanks the 450/400 is right at 10lbs I have not weight the 577 but I did ask for it to be 13lbs and it does have a recoil reducer in the stock. Both have 26 inch barrels and I have a long length of pull at 15-1/4 inch’s so that ads some as well.
 
Top