Recent content by txsouthpaw

  1. txsouthpaw

    Bulawayo Lodging Options

    It’s been a few years since I’ve needed overnight accommodations in Bulawayo and am looking for a few options. Hopefully there are some recent experiences that someone can share. Thanks!
  2. txsouthpaw

    CANADA: Boat-based Coastal Black Bear Hunt In British Columbia

    That didn’t happen to be with Bob Milligan, was it? I hunted a winter mountain goat with him several years ago and had an amazing experience. He also offers both boat and land based black bear hunts which are said to be great. I’m hoping to take my son on one of those trips soon. Glad to hear...
  3. txsouthpaw

    Take Aim Safaris (Shangani Safaris) Information Needed

    Thanks to all for the feedback. This forum has in the past and continues to be a valuable resource for us hunters and is greatly appreciated.
  4. txsouthpaw

    Take Aim Safaris (Shangani Safaris) Information Needed

    Good question, I didn’t delete it. Still looking for information regarding Shangani Safaris and hopefully recent updates on the Mahenye safari area.
  5. txsouthpaw

    Take Aim Safaris (Shangani Safaris) Information Needed

    I’m in dialogue for an elephant hunt with Carl Knight, who at the time I was unaware that he was the booking agent for Shangani Safaris. Lloyd Yeatman operates Shangani Safaris and they’re proposing a hunt in his Maheyne on Naivaisga areas late this year. As I’ve learned in the past, due...
  6. txsouthpaw

    ZIMBABWE: Has Anyone Hunted With Backcountry Africa?

    I'm considering a trophy elephant hunt with Backcountry Africa (Zane Bronkhorst). Any information relative to his company and hunting areas would be greatly appreciated. Please feel free to respond here or DM. Thanks!
  7. txsouthpaw

    Looking for DG hunt Options

    Following...
  8. txsouthpaw

    Any Recent DFW Trophy Self-Clearing Insights?

    I have some red stag bleached skulls/antlers shipping from Romania into DFW soon. I’ve used Coppersmith several times for CITIES animals. They do a great job but I would prefer to clear and pick them up myself if at all possible. Is there any recent experience in clearing trophies at DFW without...
  9. txsouthpaw

    ROMANIA: HUNTROMANIA - Recent Experiences & Feedback

    My son and I will also be with Marius in September '25 for stag. Have you found out what sightseeing could be done close by (and logistics) if the hunt finishes early? And also, we'd ideally like to take back the skull/antlers if possible as checked baggage on Turkish Air, but haven't gotten...
  10. Leopard Full Mount Taxidermy

    Leopard Full Mount Taxidermy

  11. txsouthpaw

    Best Taxidermy for leopards in Houston and Dallas Area?

    Send the hide to Phil Soucy. He, in my opinion, is the best cat man in the business. He can do the work, and someone like Trophy Transport can ship the finished mount to your door. You will not be disappointed!
  12. txsouthpaw

    ZIMBABWE: Has Anyone Been On Safari With Victoria Falls Safari Services

    Congrats, Mike on the partnership with Sean on this hunting area. The best of luck to you and maybe our paths will cross when I’m in Zim in December chasing elephant in Ngamo Sikumi. Take care, Gene
  13. txsouthpaw

    ZIMBABWE: Has Anyone Been On Safari With Victoria Falls Safari Services

    I’m totally unfamiliar with Matetsi East, but Mike Blignaut was camp manager when I first met him in 2010 (I was hunting with Lindon Stanton). At the time he was working on his Zim PH license. Mike is a registered PH now and although I know nothing about that specific area, I wouldn’t hesitate...
  14. Leopard Hunt Zimbabwe

    Leopard Hunt Zimbabwe

  15. txsouthpaw

    What is your success rate as a client hunting leopards?

    One and done on day 9 of a 14 day hunt. The area was in the Zim Insiza District, south of Bulawayo. That’s the home of some big livestock killing, very wary leopards. The hunt was a few years ago in May with Lindon Stanton/Mbalabala Safaris…7’11”, 170 lbs.
 
Top