Recent content by TX049

  1. T

    Rolex- the stupidest, lamest company

    That's a gorgeous piece and certainly a cool piece of history.
  2. T

    Rolex- the stupidest, lamest company

    Well it hits home for me. I wear the same G-Shock (Casio) I wore in Afghanistan 15 years ago. I replaced the battery around 2015 because I took the watch apart to clean it out. I then didn't replace it again until a few months ago. It also sat in drawer for two years at one point. Pretty sure...
  3. T

    What is Your Nemesis Animal?

    You have my admiration with your success. They're quite the fun/frustrating challenge. I've only seen them while hunting other game (usually Coues), or at distance well beyond bow/rifle range depending on season. They just disappear and reappear seemingly by magic.
  4. T

    What is Your Nemesis Animal?

    Desert mule deer in the American southwest.
  5. T

    Eland - Who Loves Hunting Them?

    I love the wood pattern on the rifle stock in that photo.
  6. T

    Where to move to?

    Assuming we ignore potential language barrier, Uruguay is the better option from a tax perspective. Paraguay is even better as they only tax local income, top marginal rate is 10%, and land is still super inexpensive. But that’s also going to be a culture shock and a half. Paraguay does have...
  7. T

    Do You Still Gut Your Deer?

    Dove opener is tomorrow. I'm going to pluck and gut one just to see.
  8. T

    Do You Still Gut Your Deer?

    I genuinely didn't know people used a different method on dove. What's the alternative? Are people actually processing with a knife?
  9. T

    Politics

    His argument is more the value proposition. If you own a business, some deals aren't "worth" it because the level of effort (or some other consideration not visible on a balance sheet) required to execute. This is the other half of the equation: changing rules retroactively will punish people...
  10. T

    Politics

    We're in agreement. My point is to try and understand how and why others feel differently. Especially since the negative perspective seems to be on the rise. What's most bizarre to me are the people who manage to over come barriers still holding the opinion that others can't. I don't know if...
  11. T

    Politics

    This is a fun thought experiment if you'll permit me some leeway to build off of your statement and circle back to where you and @Big_Easy disagree. Your father is suggesting that successful people would continue to be successful under different circumstances. I'm inclined to agree with this...
  12. T

    Politics

    I'll start from your closing remark. I'm not sure if the question posed here is for the sentence before, questioning the name, or addressing why I think that's a concerning disruption. If you're asking why I'm choosing to respond, I enjoy trying to understand how other people think, see a...
 
Top