Recent content by towserthemouser

  1. towserthemouser

    Cash on Safari

    Man it sure would be great if the PHs and the safari industry would get on board with using stablecoins... a tap on the screen of your smartphone and they're paid. And all this rigamarole about carrying huge amounts of cash goes away. I know it wouldn't work for the camp staff, but it would...
  2. towserthemouser

    Western vs African Diets

    Sad but true; I remember one time on a cruise boat receiving an unwanted lecture from a person at the dinner table. He informed all that he was the Chairman of Nutrition at a major university medical school and was holding court about how pivotal his department was in determining the food...
  3. towserthemouser

    Spending double rifle money on a bolt-action rifle

    Thanks, I'll ask about that. That would be the Hail Mary Maneuver!
  4. towserthemouser

    Spending double rifle money on a bolt-action rifle

    LOL I can't even imagine the hassle factor and paperwork associated with that. I think if push comes to shove I'll hunt with the 404.
  5. towserthemouser

    Spending double rifle money on a bolt-action rifle

    Thanks, Mr. X is the ace in the hole! Beautiful rifles, I think I might choose based on your preferred optic for the task at hand.
  6. towserthemouser

    Spending double rifle money on a bolt-action rifle

    That was my thought also. It's honestly hard to justify the expense... but I think it will provide me a lot of joy, and be a beloved family heirloom as well. I justified it to my wife by telling her that my 375 H&H, 404J, and 470NE would cover it for Africa. Shhh, nobody tell her that a 275...
  7. towserthemouser

    Spending double rifle money on a bolt-action rifle

    Thank you for asking. The communications about the order were all done with Richard Newgass (richardnewgass@wjjeffery.com), and payment was made to him. The rifle is marked W. J. Jeffery and is built to their specifications. The rifle is built for them by Westley Richards under contract. The...
  8. towserthemouser

    Lock recommendations Pelican 1200 case

    With apologies to the OP for partially hijacking the thread: I've been experimenting with my Pelican 1200 because if you put cardboard ammo boxes inside it's a very inefficient use of the space (I can only fit 3 boxes and that means you can't carry as much ammo as the weight allowance would...
  9. towserthemouser

    POLL: What's the best .458 solid bullet for Elephant?

    @R eight Please advise where you have had success finding Woodleigh Hydros; I have searched and searched and have not found them listed for sale and in stock anywhere... The Midway link that you provided shows them "discontinued"
  10. towserthemouser

    Who belongs on the Mount Rushmore of active PHs?

    So, the AI analysis of the thread indicates the following: Buzz Charlton John Sharp Robin Hurt Jeff Rann
  11. towserthemouser

    Twenty-Five Years Ago Today

    I was in Zimbabwe, and we had cut the tracks of three buffalo bulls on the road early that morning. After a long tracking session we caught up and I took my first buffalo... although it took myself and my PH firing a few additional rounds to stop a charge when he bounced back up after the first...
  12. towserthemouser

    Who belongs on the Mount Rushmore of active PHs?

    LOL I'm taking that as one vote for Mark Sullivan
  13. towserthemouser

    Who belongs on the Mount Rushmore of active PHs?

    In these modern times I will run an AI analysis of the thread and summarize for the benefit of all, once folks have had their say. I'm learning a lot and enjoying the discussion. P.S. - I see that @Muntjacer23 has already queried ChatGPT on what we have so far.
  14. towserthemouser

    Who belongs on the Mount Rushmore of active PHs?

    Lots of great comments and observations here; keep 'em coming! Several have pointed out that this conversation leaves out the all-time, historical or retired PHs. They are correct, so I've started a separate, parallel thread to invite that conversation, which is a different one, but also...
 
Top