Recent content by TOBY458

  1. TOBY458

    FS. Blaser R8 Professional 416 REM Mag

    If someone is interested in breaking up the package, I will do the following. Selous Barrel $3400 shipped to lower 48. Safari Stock $1850 shipped to lower 48. Bolt Group $950 shipped to lower 48. Blaser Case $400 Shipped to lower 48.
  2. TOBY458

    FS. Blaser R8 Professional 416 REM Mag

    I forgot to mention that this comes with a factory Blaser hard case, with sling and magazine blank.
  3. TOBY458

    Parkwest Arms

    Being practical, the 416 Rem Mag would be the obvious choice. Ammo is readily available, and as you stated, you would have a bit smaller action size. As for re-sell value, the 404 Jeffery is probably the best option. For some reason it’s very popular with the Safari crowd. Even though it does...
  4. TOBY458

    FS. Blaser R8 Professional 416 REM Mag

    Since this is a higher priced item, I can work with anyone who is interested on paying this off in a few installments. I’ve done this several times here before, and it’s always worked out well.
  5. TOBY458

    FS. Blaser R8 Professional 416 REM Mag

    For sale. Blaser R8 Professional. 416 REM Mag. Selous barrel, with banded front sight and sling swivel attachment. Stock, barrel and bolt group are unfired and as new. This is the original professional stock that will receive the kick stop if desired. Stock color is green. $6000.00 shipped to...
  6. TOBY458

    Sako 85 ejection issues

    You’re quite welcome nephew Hedge! lol! The AV has a split lug on the left side of the bolt. The ejector is housed in the bolt release on the same side. It offers true 90 degree ejection. It works much like the Mauser 98 design.
  7. TOBY458

    Sako 85 ejection issues

    Yes. Totally different ejector set up.
  8. TOBY458

    Blaser R-8 Professional Stock/Receiver

    Looks like it’s missing the trigger group?
  9. TOBY458

    9.3 Barnes -X vs Buffalo

    I was fortunate enough to buy 100 rounds of Federal Premium 416 Rem Mag ammo loaded with 400gr TBBC recently. Got it for a great deal on a GB auction that I never thought I’d win. As you say Swift is nearly impossible to find.
  10. TOBY458

    375 H&H and black bear?

    I shot an approximately 300 lb black bear in AK with a 375 H&H with 300gr Swift Aframe. I was hunting brown bear as well, so I needed the extra punch. It killed the bear quickly, and didn’t mess up the hide much at all. If I were going strictly black bear hunting today, I’d use a 30/06 or 308...
  11. TOBY458

    9.3 Barnes -X vs Buffalo

    I’ve used a 375 H&H with 300gr Barnes TSX for three buffalo in Australia and two Cape Buffalo. Plus I’ve shot quite a few PG animals with the TSX. I’ve had excellent results.
  12. TOBY458

    Leopard cartridge choice; Poll

    Why would you leave out the two perfect choices? 308 and 30/06. Without those on the list, I guess I’d go with a 270 or 280. Probably would use a Swift Scirroco or Nosler Partition for quick expansion with enough bullet integrity to penetrate both shoulders.
  13. TOBY458

    Sako 85 ejection issues

    I would suggest buying one of the new Sako 90 rifles. They reworked the action on those to eliminate the ejection issues that some of the 85 rifles had
  14. TOBY458

    Blaser R8 for Dangerous Game

    That’s a pretty ingenious way of installing the front sight. Really nice to not have to have a thread protector in front of the front sight.
  15. TOBY458

    Blaser R8 for Dangerous Game

    Not sure why he’d tell you that. Even the Blaser website says everything is interchangeable. Otherwise I wouldn't think they would continue calling it an R8. I believe the 2.0 stocks have more plastic in them. For instance the magazine/trigger box is made a little differently than the old style...
 
Top