Recent content by TarletonJake

  1. TarletonJake

    Truck - what do you drive, and why?

    2025 F150 Tremor with 34,000 miles so far. It’s the smoothest 4X4 I’ve ever owned, but will give a better review in 4 more yrs!
  2. TarletonJake

    Here’s to all the wives

    I’m screwed on this one. My wife loves to hunt as much, or more than I do! She’s up for a crocodile next year and is already planning the various items she wants to have made out of the hide. This is on top of her Eland mount towering over anything I’ve put on the wall up to this point. I...
  3. TarletonJake

    Winchester 375 H&H

    I love mine that I picked up earlier this year for a 2027 Buffalo hunt. This is a 3 shot group at 100 yds after getting it zero’d with 300 gr TSX bullets.
  4. TarletonJake

    What four calibres would you choose

    I’ve got many other calibers but this right here covers everything I can imagine caliber wise. I don’t mind substituting in semi autos on the smaller rounds!
  5. TarletonJake

    .300 Win Mag 200gr. Terminal Ascent Ammo

    My wife is locked in on the 175’s for her .308 Her Impala and Eland were not match for it, and even though it’s overkill on our Hill Country whitetail her rifle shoots it so well that we have no intention of swapping.
  6. TarletonJake

    MrCapstick comes home, the 470

    Beautiful rifle!
  7. TarletonJake

    I used to really hate the .308

    I hunted with a .308 most of my life and it’s all my wife will use now.
  8. TarletonJake

    Tally rings

    Like everyone else here, I’ve had nothing but an A+ experience with my two piece Talley ring/mount combos. It’s nice to get off an international flight and fire one test round that center punches the bullseye before going out to hunt. Jake
  9. TarletonJake

    It’s getting real now

    Just over one year out from that same flight, enjoy!!
  10. TarletonJake

    First Cape Buffalo

    Good folks over there at Limcroma! Who was your PH? Jake
  11. TarletonJake

    7mm Rem Mag for Eland

    You’re good to go. My wife took hers with one shot out of her .308 and it made a single step before dropping. A tough bullet and good shot placement will take care of everything else. Jake
  12. TarletonJake

    Last day of Safari sadness

    I felt the same thing in July of last year when my wife and I were returning to San Antonio from our first safari. In the airport whiskey lounge waiting for our flight home, we were already planning a return trip in 2029 or 2030. Long story, short. We’re headed back in July of 2027 and...
  13. TarletonJake

    Trader Keith

    Sling and swivels arrived for me on Tuesday. Jake
  14. TarletonJake

    Hunting with Semi-Automatic Rifles

    We use the heck out of them for shooting feral hogs here at home. I put one together for my daughter in 6.5 Grendel and with the adjustable stock it’s perfect for a smaller statured person. Jake
  15. TarletonJake

    Who wears shorts on Safari?

    If rockin’ the shorts is wrong, then I don’t wanna be right! Jake
 
Top