Recent content by Tanks

  1. Tanks

    Finance Thread - Ideas to save money

    I have been eyeing this case by SKB as it is 18" wide and 6" deep internal measurements for multiple rifles. Will wait until I book my 2027 hunt and have custom fitted foam made for it.
  2. Tanks

    Ammo box for airline travel

    I was glad that I used a Pelican case for ammo when they made me check it in separately for a domestic flight in Namibia.
  3. Tanks

    Cash on Safari

    There is nothing wrong with reporting it to customs. All international airports have a customs office where one can do that. In LAX it is under the stairs going to TSA PreCheck, pretty quick process.
  4. Tanks

    Cash on Safari

    Another reason to fly business or first class where one has his own overhead compartment.
  5. Tanks

    Want To Buy Left handed DG rifle

    Here you go. https://www.africahunting.com/threads/mcmillan-heritage-lh-crf-375-h-h-for-sale.67747/
  6. Tanks

    McMillan Heritage LH CRF .375 H&H For Sale

    Bump
  7. Tanks

    Finance Thread - Ideas to save money

    I waited over a year before I pulled the trigger as I had seen the prototype the year prior. So, was not an impulse buy. Originally I was going to get a Wesley Richards, but a 7 year wait at age 67 at the time was not something I wanted to go for.
  8. Tanks

    Finance Thread - Ideas to save money

    Wait a week before buying anything over $$$$ amount. Has saved me many thousands of dollars over the years. Another one could have been having less wives, but that ship has sailed I think.. :unsure:
  9. Tanks

    And So My Second Quest for Leopard to Complete My Big 5 Begins!!!!!

    Nick had back issues and had surgery from what I have been told. Isabel needs a personal assistant as she has taken a more active role in day to day management.
  10. Tanks

    Passport Troubles

    A friend of mine, past women’s SUP paddleboard world champion, realized her passport had expired just before a meet overseas. She called her Congressman and had a new one within 48 hours.
  11. Tanks

    What do you think of the new Rigby Shikari?

    Their standard placement.
  12. Tanks

    What do you think of the new Rigby Shikari?

    Took two buffalo with my .500 NE Shikari. Perfect handling and accuracy.
  13. Tanks

    And So My Second Quest for Leopard to Complete My Big 5 Begins!!!!!

    That’s why one books combo hunts. The leopard I took on day two of sitting in a blind was part of a 21 day buffalo, leopard and elephant hunt. You can read about it in my hunt report linked on my profile.
  14. Tanks

    Politics

    This is why any negotiations with Iran are futile. https://irannewswire.org/iran-seven-day-us-talks-hardline-backlash-tehran/
 
Top