Recent content by steve white

  1. S

    Flush Cup Swivel on 375 H&H - Good, Bad, or Ugly?

    It may indeed be quick detach--I am afraid it might also be quick to UN-detach itself! If it lets go, your scope will likely hit the ground...
  2. S

    Truck - what do you drive, and why?

    Thanks for a MUCH more comprehensive post than I made in post # 197. I think it is hard to conceive of the numbers involved--77,000 motors and counting! I wonder how much sales of malox and Tums increased for the buyers....sad. And really, hard to accept at face value. As usual, you spelled it out!
  3. S

    Truck - what do you drive, and why?

    Well, DON'T get the 6 cylinder double turbo newer Tundra. They did not pull it off like Ford. There have already been 70 thousand blocks replaced! To my mind, longevity is defined by non turbo, generally, but with diesel exception, non direct injection (carbon build up) lower compression, lower...
  4. S

    Skip The Suppressor and Break

    If the suppressor works well on other guns, and, your fluted barrel shoot lights out without the suppressor, then it has to be a miss match that as you say is just incompatible. May I say that lots of folks would kill for a 200 yd 1/4 inch group on a hunting weight rifle! Just enjoy it (with ear...
  5. S

    Skip The Suppressor and Break

    Would you consider the standard contour on a Tikka TC3 to be "thin"...cal. 7mmRemMag
  6. S

    Well boys, what's your temperature like now?

    Still in the high 90's! Dry as tinder, cattle being sold off due to lack of water. Fire hazard. Need rain beyond badly....
  7. S

    Are we demanding high enough standards for double rifle regulation?

    Some folks seem to think "minute of buffalo" is sufficient for double rifle regulation, and this on brand new rifles, but allow me to illustrate what hunters of yore once enjoyed! Elim Dimidoff, a Russian hunter of the last century, carried a double rifle into the Russian Altai. In the book...
  8. S

    Stop in for Supper, friend

    I wish I knew what a Korean restaurant puts on their grilled mackerel. The bomb. I get it every time.
  9. S

    Stop in for Supper, friend

    Man, you could be a chef!
  10. S

    I normally don’t do this

    Praying for you and your family. Take heart--that baby will be a large and in charge adult some day. We know two twin boys who were that size--now they are over 6 ft tall and healthy. My own daughter was preemie as well. Neighbor behind us had a two pounder--just turned six. Infant care has come...
  11. S

    How big are rocky mountian elk.

    Too big to drag out.....lol
  12. S

    MPBR zero on an African hunt

    Yep, that's what I'd do. I usually depend on MPBR
  13. S

    Politics

    Uh, Mr. President, you might want to talk to your wife...something along the lines of Russiagate.....lol
  14. S

    New tech favorites for hunting

    BTW, anyone using those new flame thrower lighters to ignite camp fires a little more easily?
 
Top