Recent content by Standard Velocity

  1. Standard Velocity

    REMINGTON 721 in .375 H&H MAGNUM

    Don’t yuck my yum.
  2. Standard Velocity

    REMINGTON 721 in .375 H&H MAGNUM

    Found it.
  3. Standard Velocity

    REMINGTON 721 in .375 H&H MAGNUM

    Have you considered a recoil pad?
  4. Standard Velocity

    REMINGTON 721 in .375 H&H MAGNUM

    Should probably put a scope on it instead. ;)
  5. Standard Velocity

    REMINGTON 721 in .375 H&H MAGNUM

    It’s very obvious that your gun has an aftermarket barrel. While the profile is likely very similar, and possibly identical, to the factory barrel, it is not a given that the factory sights that would have been intended for whatever year your particular rifle was made will work with the current...
  6. Standard Velocity

    .375 Bullets & Dies, 350 Remington Magnum Brass

    I’ll take the died please.
  7. Standard Velocity

    Water proof boots

    I’d believe it. I have two quarts of deer fat in the freezer. Venison is high in saturated fat but most people (myself included) can’t stomach it so it’s a nonissue. With virtually no intramuscular fat it’s easy enough to trim all the fat away. The texture is like candle wax. All animal...
  8. Standard Velocity

    30-06 problem loading

    Those H&R bolt actions (Ultra) had Douglas barrels. I assume H&R reamed the chambers though. It is possible the chamber is minimum spec and tight but it’s more likely the ammo is not sized correctly. I like 165 grain Partitions in 30-06. Even the ogive of a CoreLoct round nose 165 grain...
  9. Standard Velocity

    FN Commercial 98 Part Needed

    Midsouth often has the parts I need. Good luck.
  10. Standard Velocity

    How bad can opening weekend of spring turkey season get?

    Ha! No not really. I’ve taken truckloads of game. Seeing a kid have their first successful hunt gets me about as emotional as a Hallmark movie. A few years ago there was one more kid than there were parents on a youth hunt. I volunteered to take the kid to the stand and darned if he wasn’t...
  11. Standard Velocity

    COVID-19 Coronavirus UPDATES, BANS, CLOSURES, ADVISORY, etc.

    Doubling down huh? So if you keep using fallacious examples I’m gonna keep pointing a glowing neon finger at ‘em. Nancy Pelosi is a politician I fundamentally disagree with about many things. This does not automatically make anything negative about her true in my mind. Please do map out the...
  12. Standard Velocity

    COVID-19 Coronavirus UPDATES, BANS, CLOSURES, ADVISORY, etc.

    With respect, some of your “facts” are equivalent to: some fast cars are red, Jim drives a fast car, therefore Jim’s car is red. Please do show me where I am being insulting or angry. It is obvious you are an intelligent person who is well educated. For someone who is both of these things...
  13. Standard Velocity

    COVID-19 Coronavirus UPDATES, BANS, CLOSURES, ADVISORY, etc.

    Ha! That is rich. And the knight in shining armor descends. Funny how you drop into every one of my comments to defend other members posts. Every time I hear an argument begin with an appeal to common sense it is with very few exceptions based on little to no evidence. While I realize your...
  14. Standard Velocity

    COVID-19 Coronavirus UPDATES, BANS, CLOSURES, ADVISORY, etc.

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/theconversation.com/amp/we-cant-trust-common-sense-but-we-can-trust-science-53042
 
Top