Recent content by Shooter375

  1. Shooter375

    NAMIBIA: KHOMAS HIGHLAND HUNTING SAFARIS Management Hunt Daily Report

    Some pictures of the new lodges at the Rocky Mountain ranch and the River Lodge Ranch. Retief is going to be the manager at Rocky Mountain ranch and Juan is going to be the manager at the River Lodge ranch. Rocky Mountain River Lodge
  2. Shooter375

    NAMIBIA: KHOMAS HIGHLAND HUNTING SAFARIS Management Hunt Daily Report

    Day 6 of 7 We went to a new ranch called the River Lodge which is connected to the Rocky Mountain ranch. Had a great day looking forward big Kudu or Oryx. Put the stalk on a few Oryx but did not shoot because they were only meat bulls and not trophy bulls. Did not see any Kudu bulls, just Kudu...
  3. Shooter375

    NAMIBIA: KHOMAS HIGHLAND HUNTING SAFARIS Management Hunt Daily Report

    Day 5 of 7 (afternoon) Bird hunting excursion. When planning this hunt I was hoping that I would finish up the package early enough to get to do a bird hunting excursion. So with the package fulfilled this morning I planned an afternoon bird hunt for Guinea fowl, Francolin, and geese. I had an...
  4. Shooter375

    NAMIBIA: KHOMAS HIGHLAND HUNTING SAFARIS Management Hunt Daily Report

    Thanks Para45. I wasn’t planning on keeping any of the trophies but now I am considering tanning and shipping one of the Zebra skins. I’m not going to go to the coast for fishing because fishing is not my thing. The hunting could not have been better. I’m loving it.
  5. Shooter375

    NAMIBIA: KHOMAS HIGHLAND HUNTING SAFARIS Management Hunt Daily Report

    Day 5 of 7 (5 hunting days 2 travel days) Another cold morning. Another bacon, green pepper and cheese omelette. Started out at 8am. The cruiser didn’t have to be deiced since it was parked in the garage. On the agenda was finishing out the 5 management animal package with a meat Oryx/Gemsbok...
  6. Shooter375

    NAMIBIA: KHOMAS HIGHLAND HUNTING SAFARIS Management Hunt Daily Report

    Day 4 continued… Day 4 was relatively uneventful. The cold weather really slowed the pace down. There was an icy start to the day. In the morning we hunted Zone 6&7. In the afternoon we hunted Zone 8. It was fun seeing new country. We were after Oryx/Gemsbok. In the morning we saw Oryx 5-6 times...
  7. Hartmann's Zebra Hunt Namibia

    Hartmann's Zebra Hunt Namibia

  8. Hartmann's Zebra Hunt Namibia

    Hartmann's Zebra Hunt Namibia

  9. Shooter375

    NAMIBIA: KHOMAS HIGHLAND HUNTING SAFARIS Management Hunt Daily Report

    It’s a very cold morning this morning. Thankfully the chalet has both air conditioning and heat. Ice in the fountain. Weather forecast.
  10. Shooter375

    NAMIBIA: KHOMAS HIGHLAND HUNTING SAFARIS Management Hunt Daily Report

    Day 4 No hunting yesterday afternoon just a celebration and sharing my hunting stories with the guys. Today is a late start kind of day. Going out at 8am. I have 3 more hunting days an only one more animal to harvest from the package. But I suppose that is what happens when you shoot two animals...
  11. Shooter375

    NAMIBIA: KHOMAS HIGHLAND HUNTING SAFARIS Management Hunt Daily Report

    The 2nd Hartmann Zebra The shot hit low right behind the shoulder. I think the 90 degree wind pushed the bullet back a little bit and I should have aimed higher up on the shoulder, alls well that ends well I like to say. Better lucky than good sometimes. Upon inspection the bottom of the heart...
 
Top