Recent content by Russ16

  1. R

    Leopard cartridge choice; Poll

    I would go 30-06 so chose 300 win mag. I think a 165 or 180 grain accubond would do the trick.
  2. R

    Flush Cup Swivel on 375 H&H - Good, Bad, or Ugly?

    Those things are used on tactical guns that are drug through the mud. I’m guessing they’re pretty confident that they don’t get clogged up.
  3. R

    Magna-Porting a Double Rifle?

    I'm not sure it would even work. Maybe if you had a single set of ports directly in the top. I'm not sure why anyone does it to any gun so I certainly wouldn't advise it for a double.
  4. R

    Flush Cup Swivel on 375 H&H - Good, Bad, or Ugly?

    They work great, no reason they wouldn't work on your rifle. I always have seen the biggest benefit of a barrel band to be the fact it lowers how high the barrel sticks up above when walking through brush. So it isn't as likely to hang up on limbs that I'm ducking under. That's why I like it on...
  5. R

    And So My Second Quest for Leopard to Complete My Big 5 Begins!!!!!

    My understand is non sponsors can’t advertise but forum members ca freely review non sponsor hunt’s and recommend them. It would be a pretty sad forum if we could all only talk about hunts taken with sponsors.
  6. R

    Cash on Safari

    I carried a bulky amount of cash to Zim this year. Outfitter strongly suggested small bills for camp staff so I had a lot of 5s and 10s. Had 100s for the PH. I divided it in smaller envelopes and put those inside a larger zipper closed dry bag. That was in the bottom/back of my carryon...
  7. R

    How to pack pelican case

    Yeah in the picture it looks like a lot of metal to metal contact.
  8. R

    How to pack pelican case

    I’m not sure about taping the bolt to a blued barrel like that.
  9. R

    450/400 NE 3" for Elephant

    I should add a good friend of mine stopped a charge by a bill at 7 yards with his 450/400.
  10. R

    Passport Troubles

    I just checked he applied September 4 and had it September 16. https://travel.state.gov/en/passports/renew-replace/online.html#accordion-d4fe85e1d2-item-ebf004417d
  11. R

    Passport Troubles

    Also you now can do the whole application online including submitting an electronic photo. A coworker just did his I think it took two weeks.
  12. R

    Passport Troubles

    You can also contact your member of congress. They all have a staffer dedicated to expediting there things. I had a friend who did it for a House member. She was able ti get same day passports in emergencies.
  13. R

    How to pack pelican case

    I have a question for those of you that take scopes off. If you’re taking them in your carryon I can see the logic from a theft point of view. But if you’re putting it in the same case as the rifle you’re making it easier to steal and I don’t see how being separate from the rifle but in the...
  14. R

    First Focal Plane vs Second for Plains Game

    I prefer to dial but both have advantages. Personally I think it FFP makes more sense and you go to scopes with higher magnifications. If you have a 2-10x scope and are shooting at long range you probably have it cranked all the way up and SFO is going to be fine. If you have a scope with a...
  15. R

    Tredoux and Murray Leather Culling Cartridge Belts

    I have several Tredoux slides and love them. I’m tempted by this belt but my current setup with slides works very well. His work is top notch.
 
Top