Recent content by roverandbrew

  1. roverandbrew

    Rigby Big Game Lightweight 350 Rigby

    I am currently debating one in 375 H&H.
  2. roverandbrew

    Bushbuck Pictures

    Taken with @spike.t in 2023.
  3. roverandbrew

    Bullet Performance Database

    Caliber: 275 / 7x57 (Rigby Highland Stalker) Bullet: 160 Grain North Fork SS Muzzle Velocity: 2550 Recovered bullet is from a Blesbok, 100 Yard shot, through the shoulder and found just under the skin on the opposite side. My daughter and I spent some time @Bos en Dal SAFARIS and took 1 x...
  4. roverandbrew

    160 Grain A-Frames out of a HS .275 Rigby?

    Reaming would be the very first thing I would do. My HS barrel is labeled 275 / 7x57. Reaming to SAAMI spec for 7x57 in my mind adds value as I now have a versatile rifle from whitetail to eland. We are looking hard here at a lot of ways here to work around something that has a very easy solution.
  5. roverandbrew

    160 Grain A-Frames out of a HS .275 Rigby?

    Mine would not easily chamber 160/s until I had it reamed.
  6. roverandbrew

    Lead levels

    To be honest I do not remember the scale. I retired in 2020 and it was a few years prior to that when I stopped shooting daily. I can reach out to the med guys if you are truly curious.
  7. roverandbrew

    Lead levels

    We used to be tested at work and at times pulled from training until lead levels dropped. We also were not allowed to bring our uniforms home and were washed at the unit. The impacts to young children were of the greatest concern...
  8. roverandbrew

    I done did it now - Bought a Rigby.

    Beautiful rifle! With my 275 I have taken loads of plains game and never felt under gunned. I have used 170 Norma Oryx, 160 and 175 North Forks the last 6 trips and never a single issue.
  9. roverandbrew

    Mozambique State Depart level 4 advisories for Niassa Reserve and Pemba

    I spoke with someone in the Embassy in Maputo this morning. A small raid by insurgents was conducted on a hunting camp in the north. No hunters were present.
  10. roverandbrew

    Loads for 450-400 3" NE

    Is that an Iphisi? How do you find the stiffness while opening / closing the action?
  11. roverandbrew

    New from SE Virginia

    I’m in Virginia Beach.
  12. roverandbrew

    Africa...when will you be priced out??

    I find the sex metaphor ridiculous.
  13. roverandbrew

    Africa...when will you be priced out??

    I do not feel your $100 lease gave you much opportunity or access. The cost also provides an experience. That experience and exposure to new cultures or ideas is hard to find a few miles from your home. I guess we all have our own ideas of what is of value.
  14. roverandbrew

    Africa...when will you be priced out??

    You are paying for access and opportunity. I completely disagree with you.
  15. roverandbrew

    Greatest athlete of modern times

    Tia-Clair Toomey is truly the book definition of an athlete.
 
Top