Recent content by Ray B

  1. R

    Courtney Selous boots

    To bring closure- the boots arrived and they fit with just a light sock- so this is where they stay. Thanks to all.
  2. R

    Rigby 300 H&H For Sale (Paul Roberts era/Oberndorf Mauser)

    I can hardly walk, my knees are shaking so bad. It's a new month so once the deposits are reconciled i may be able to recover sufficiently to make a coherent decision. Any of you watchers, waiting for tim to lower the price, you may want to act now.
  3. R

    Rigby 300 H&H For Sale (Paul Roberts era/Oberndorf Mauser)

    Today the capacity problem was solved- Fort Knox delivered two rather small safes (60x31x27). I wanted large one (72x51x27) but watching the process to get them into the basement, the large one wouldn't have made it. They took a small Sports Afield safe and will deliver it to my son. After...
  4. R

    Rigby 300 H&H For Sale (Paul Roberts era/Oberndorf Mauser)

    Hoping you are on the road to full recovery.
  5. R

    Ruger M77 338WM

    Congrats to buyer and seller- that is a great rifle. I had a Tang Ruger 77 in 270 made in 1977. At 300 yards, from a bench it would put 10 shots in 3 inches- BUT 5-6 of those shots were within 1"- and that was with non-fine tuned ammo- And to Rob, one more payment on the Africa trip.- also, I...
  6. R

    Purchases On AH References

    Another perfect transaction with @Jager Waffen74 , Item was shipped promptly and despite being several decades old looks brand new. He even forwarded a couple photographs of his trophy moose and pronghorn taken on his recent hunting trip.
  7. R

    1948 Winchester Model 70 '06

    My mom would have told you it was a great year for kids too, not to brag.
  8. R

    I done did it now - Bought a Rigby.

    After doing the month end budget my wife told me that she was putting me on a $1,000/month allowance. I haven't told her about the $1,250 purchase yet.
  9. R

    1948 Winchester Model 70 '06

    Apparently no one has bought it yet, so I'll take it- sending DM
  10. R

    1948 Winchester Model 70 '06

    Or--another option, find someone born in the year the Rigby was made and sell it to him.
  11. R

    1948 Winchester Model 70 '06

    It is really tempting to purchase a Model 70 born in the same year as me.
  12. R

    470 NE Ammunition for sale

    Sending DM
  13. R

    I may have an issue - tally bases

    First- remove the screw that won't tighten and look at the threads. If it is stripped what's left of the threads will be flat and shiny. If the threads are intact it may be that the screws are mixed. The screws for the front base are shorter than the ones for the bridge. A screw from the...
  14. R

    Schmidt and Bender Zenith

    Thanks @Wyfox - You saved me a "discussion" with my wife.
 
Top