Recent content by Rare Breed

  1. Rare Breed

    Hoof & Mouth Disease Detected in Namibia - Sept. 2026

    I was just there for 14 days. We had to empty out all jerky products on our way to the airport. If they had stopped us and yes they had two stop points on the way and they found any they can put us in jail according to Divan. They are very serious about this
  2. Rare Breed

    And So My Second Quest for Leopard to Complete My Big 5 Begins!!!!!

    This perfectly describes what Divan did with me...I would have had to only pull the trigger.
  3. Rare Breed

    John Rigby Highland Stalker 9.3x62 for sale

    Buckums you were right behind AZSkibo so if for any reason the deal falls through you get the package.
  4. Rare Breed

    John Rigby Highland Stalker 9.3x62 for sale

    Package is sold to AZSkibo pending funds!!! Thanks everyone for looking!
  5. Rare Breed

    John Rigby Highland Stalker 9.3x62 for sale

    Dave, I just might be able to do that! I have an interested member who has plenty of reloading supplies. The cost for the supplies would be $1,500 inclusive of shipping to you.
  6. Rare Breed

    what make a good buffalo, and a good buffalo hunt

    I will answer your second question first with two words, the experience! Your first question using myself is this your first buff or second plus? For my first just me I wanted at least a 40 inch bull and got a 43 inch one. After that it is now all about age taking a mature worn down old dagga...
  7. Rare Breed

    Cash on Safari

    I just got back, I have always worn a small neck holder with four pockets that is extremely light. In it I place my small envelopes that have each type person tip in cash placed. I have one that I call extra. I then place my passport in one pocket, my credit cards in another and finally my...
  8. Rare Breed

    And So My Second Quest for Leopard to Complete My Big 5 Begins!!!!!

    I have never seen anything written about rules in outfitters. My POV is I mention them only in my hunt reports if I have hunted with a non sponsor given our members enjoy hunt reports. As a courtesy I do not post any inks about a non sponsor. Just me. However, I believe CMS is not a sponsor and...
  9. Rare Breed

    Elephant Leather for sale

    I too have a Courtney pair of elephant hide boots that are awesome!
  10. Rare Breed

    Need Referral for Atlanta African Trophy import

    Copper Smith. Ask for Carolyn
  11. Rare Breed

    John Rigby Highland Stalker 9.3x62 for sale

    With the Rigby quality I just don’t see a need for a back up, just me
  12. Rare Breed

    And So My Second Quest for Leopard to Complete My Big 5 Begins!!!!!

    I am with you with Panthers! I will be doing this with them if I can get the one tag. Rouan said I was first in line so we will see
  13. Rare Breed

    Namibia Foot and Mouth Disease Outbreak

    Just got back from there today. If you are caught driving down a public road with home made beef jerky they can arrest you and put you in jail. I learned Namibia is the #1 beef producer for the UK so this has become a huge deal
  14. Rare Breed

    450/400 NE 3" for Elephant

    We have discussed this before. I believe the consensus was the lowest stopping caliber was the 450 NE then the 470 and 500’s were above that. Again you have a PH backing you for a reason. Any PH will tell you shoot the caliber where you can comfortably make the first shot count. If that is a...
  15. Rare Breed

    And So My Second Quest for Leopard to Complete My Big 5 Begins!!!!!

    Divan told me about Botswana leopard hunts with hounds…it is very different from the traditional hound leopard hunts. He said they use shotguns and at least where he and Jeff Rand hunt there are no trees to climb. He said when they unleash the dogs they stay in the truck and the leopards...
 
Top