Recent content by Quaticman

  1. Q

    Swift A Frame .375 & 458

    I have a box of 50 Swift A-Frame 400 grain .458 caliber bullets sitting on my reloading bench as we speak.
  2. Q

    .338 Remington Ultra Mag hunting Africa

    I specifically built the gun with a 28" bull barrel to tame the recoil as it does not have a muzzle brake. As is, the gun weighs 11 1/2 pounds and it is shootable with substantial but tolerable recoil. If I ever make it back to Africa for another go at plains game with this rifle, I suppose a...
  3. Q

    .338 Remington Ultra Mag hunting Africa

    I am just curious as to whether any of you have hunted Africa using a .338 RUM, and if so, how did it perform? I happen to own a semi-custom .338 RUM built on a trued M 700 action, with a 28" Krieger match barrel and a B & C composite stock. It is scoped with a Nikon Black X 1000 6-24x in...
  4. Q

    Zastava LK M70 worth the money?

    I have a Zastava M70 chambered in .458 Winchester magnum which I purchased used for $800.00 Cdn. I took it to my gunsmith who slicked up the action and glass bedded the action. This particular rifle wears a Trijicon Accupoint 1-4x scope with the German # 4 reticle mounted in Warne Maxima rings...
  5. Q

    .338 Remington Ultra Mag

    I've got a Remington model 700 chambered in .338 RUM with a 28" barrel. It wears a Nikon Black 6-24x illuminated scope in Warne Maxima rings. What African game species would this rifle be suitable for if using handloads with the 250 grain Swift A-Frame bullet?
  6. Q

    Love or Hate for the 458 Winchester

    I have a Zastava M70 chambered in .458 Win Mag. It wears a Trijicon Accupoint 1-4x scope with the German # 4 reticle, in Warne rings. I have worked up a load with Woodleigh's excellent 550 grain Weldcore bullet @ 2,060 fps. I am just itching to see how a cape Buffalo reacts when receiving one...
  7. Q

    .458 Winchester Magnum

    What species of game would you reasonably be able to hunt with a .458 Win Mag bolt action rifle loaded with 400 grain Swift A-Frame bullets?
  8. Q

    What scope do you trust? Most rugged, dependable rifle scope?

    I have a Trijicon Accupoint 1-4x with the German # 4 reticle on my .458 Win Mag dangerous game rifle. I would trust my life on that scope.
  9. Q

    North Fork Bullets

    Where can I buy North Fork bullets in Canada?
  10. Q

    Why You Should Always Use A Hunting Travel Agent!

    Depending on which country you reside in, it is not always easy to find a reliable travel agent who specializes in hunting related travel.
  11. Q

    Preparing to order or buy a Double Rifle: help me choose the caliber

    I'd go with a Merkel 140 AE chambered in .500 Nitro Express. It's an affordable double rifle in an effective, proven dangerous game cartridge.
  12. Q

    Minox ZA5 HD 1.2-6x rifle scope

    I am looking for a decent quality, reliable scope to mount on my Winchester M70 chambered in .458 Win Mag, which is primarily used as a dangerous game rifle. My understanding is Meopta scopes are manufactured in Austria using German Schott glass. In your opinion/experience, does the Minox ZA5...
  13. Q

    Rolex- the stupidest, lamest company

    I've never had the desire to own a Rolex watch. I am quite happy with my Tag Heuer chronograph. I'll happily use the extra cash to enjoy a few more African safaris.
  14. Q

    9.3 X62 brass and bullet powder recommendation

    Lapua brass, 250 grain Swift A-Frame. There is no better combination.
 
Top