Recent content by pmangelos

  1. P

    Craig Klintworth?

    Craig is active on Facebook if he doesn't answer here. He makes some nice Silvers style recoil pads these days.
  2. P

    Sako 85 ejection issues

    I'm a huge Sako fan, I own about 8 of them but the ejection is a real issue on the 85 models. There are heavy extractor springs that have helped some people, and as mentioned the scope turrets often are hit by the ejecting shell causing the jamming so choosing a scope with smaller turrets or...
  3. P

    Adapter for benchtop buffer?

    I open the hole up on my grobet carding wheels, no problem
  4. P

    Have an 9.3x64 in stainless I think unsigned - but with English proof marks - weird but intriguing

    Pretty sure that the action on this is nickel plated and the barrel is stainless, the nickel has a golden hue to it that the stainless lacks.
  5. P

    Chapuis Iphisi .375 H&H Double Rifle

    Thank you. Length of pull as measured from the front trigger is 15 1/2”
  6. P

    Long time project

    Many years later I came arias a great deal on a Cooper 17hmr that I thought would be appropriate for the olive wood, as olive isn’t a traditional stock making wood I didn’t want a rifle that would test its recoil absorbing ability. So I sent the stock out for inletting and once it returned I...
  7. P

    Long time project

    I’ve always wanted to have a rifle stocked in Olive wood, I’m Greek and in September 2016 I traveled back to the island that we’re from. I visited a cabinet maker in hopes of getting a blank to turn into a stock as olive wood pieces here stateside are virtually nonexistent in the size needed for...
  8. P

    Chapuis Iphisi .375 H&H Double Rifle

    I have a Chapuis Iphisi .375 H&H Double Rifle. The barrels measure 25 5/8”, the rear sight is regulated for 50 meters with flip up blades for 100, 150, and 200 using Hornady 300gr DGX. The gun I’d like new with the exception of a very minor mark on the cheek piece, I have tried to photograph it...
  9. P

    Looking for advice on a Rare Left Hand 404 Jeffery Stock

    Also, if you have it repaired and need someone to repaint it, Bell and Carlson repaints synthetic stocks at a very fair price, about $75 with a quick turnaround time. I've had them do a number of stocks for me, here is a .257 I built for my son that they painted for us.
  10. P

    Looking for advice on a Rare Left Hand 404 Jeffery Stock

    In my opinion that looks like it can be repaired then repainted. There's a place here in Northern California called Spyder Composites that does high end composite repairs (carbon fiber wheels on cars, carbon fiber bikes etc.) I'd think a place like that could handle this repair more than...
  11. P

    Show me the stocks you have made, I need cheering up

    Kootenay, Here are a couple of pictures of my in progress rifle. Its a Winchester 300 H&H with an octagonal Lilja barrel. It is currently at the engravers and then it will blued, but this is how it looked when I last had it it in my hands. I can't take credit for the stockwork, Eric at Inner...
  12. P

    Chapuis reddot rmr plate

    IF you come up short in your searching I had a local machinist make one for a friend of mine utilizing a Trijicon base as a starting point. If it is for an Iphisi I have one here we can take measurements from, if its an Elan I would have to track my friend down to borrow his for measurements...
  13. P

    Shipping Quote

    We just received a shipment from SA to California, one of my co hunters had a Buffalo shoulder mount along with a Kudu and Sable, each of those on their own pedestal. We chose ship vs air as air was going to be expensive. His fees for his crate which was approximately 48" x48" x 96" were $3556...
  14. P

    Infinito Safaris

    We hunted with Infinito in September 2024, we had a great time. My father had hunted with them previously and used their taxidermy and shipping services at that time (2022). We are awaiting the arrival of our mounts very shortly, they're stateside with Coppersmith right now. My dad had a...
 
Top