Recent content by PCC600

  1. P

    577 NE double rifles

    You specifically asked how many it has killed . I have told you. Thanks for your view .
  2. P

    577 NE double rifles

    Sarg - after posting the other day I was able to track down a photo and article on this weapon. It is indeed called “Stumpy” but it also has “Sweetheart” engraved on the rib . Attached is a photo of the engraving on the rib and the source document . As you know it is a very famous rifle in this...
  3. P

    577 NE double rifles

    It has killed thousands of buffalo . A very famous rifle . I disagree with you view that a 577 BPE will not kill a buff . Already photos on this thread to support my view .
  4. P

    577 NE double rifles

    Some Westleys and Hollands have landed in my lap .
  5. P

    577 NE double rifles

    Sarg - you are spot on . Sweetheart the big croc that Dave caught and Stumpy the rifle . It now resides near Brisbane with an armoury full of 577s both NE and BPE , 8 bores , Paradoxes , Super Magnum Exploras and Faunetas . I’m lucky enough to get to shoot this stuff and occasionally buy one or...
  6. P

    RIGBY RISING BITE .500

    Good on you Paul . If you are heading to the Northern Territory it is currently stinking hot and has been wet .
  7. P

    RIGBY RISING BITE .500

    I actually think more of the Indian rifles went to Australia . There were some very active importers and collectors . PaulB knows a few over here .
  8. P

    577 NE double rifles

    A lot of commentary about 577 BPE rifles . In a nitro for black loading they are very effective on buffalo . Worth noting that Dave Lindner a renowned Aussie game ranger and hunter had an Army & Navy rifle 577BPE ( Webley Screw Grip action ) called “Sweet Heart “ . This rifle has killed more...
  9. P

    My .500 Jeffery wish list build MEMBERS opinions are welcome

    Fingers crossed the Jack saw isn’t needed . Sounds like a wonderful Project .
  10. P

    The Draw of the Sporting Double Rifle

    Beautifully expressed view which I share with you .
  11. P

    My .500 Jeffery wish list build MEMBERS opinions are welcome

    Gert - I originally contemplated fitting a tungsten recoil reducer but did not proceed . My latest 505G is a very heavy rifle at 12.25 pounds . It just didn’t need the extra weight . Worth commenting why I considered Tungsten. I understand that there have been serious considerations to banning...
  12. P

    What do you think of the new Rigby Shikari?

    The Purdeys , Hollands and Rigby all sourced outwork component even for their top of the range side locks . Locks in particular were made outside .
  13. P

    My .500 Jeffery wish list build MEMBERS opinions are welcome

    I specifically wanted a flag safety when Rigby built this rifle . I mostly shoot with open sights . The peep sight is really accurate for my shooting capabilities out to about 100 metres . The reality though is I take my water buff at ranges from 50 - maybe 80 metres . They go down pretty quick .
  14. P

    My .500 Jeffery wish list build MEMBERS opinions are welcome

    This is a 416 Rigby . A single square bridge action with flag safety . It has a peep sight mounted on the cocking piece . The most salient feature is the rear sight where all the leaves fold down to give an uninterrupted sight picture from peep sight to the front sight .
  15. P

    Classic stalking rifles - today

    Perhaps something like this . Comes from the largest estate in the Scottish Highlands . A true “Highland Stalking” rifle . I drove a day and a night to get it . Bought it on the spot and took a deer at about 120 metres as soon as I got it home . Only 129 years old . Functionally perfect and...
 
Top