Recent content by NoStepOnSnek

  1. NoStepOnSnek

    Here’s to all the wives

    My wonderful wife is the reason I’m getting to go on my first safari next year. When we were talking about finances last year for buying land and building a house, she told me we have the money now, and we will be paying off the house for decades anyway, just go ahead and do it. She’s the love...
  2. NoStepOnSnek

    Deer Season 2026

    Hell yeah
  3. NoStepOnSnek

    Deer Season 2026

    Alabama?
  4. NoStepOnSnek

    Deer Season 2026

    Benefit of being stationed in Charleston, first velvet buck!
  5. NoStepOnSnek

    Big Bore Optics: Red Dots, Reflexes, LPVOs, and Traditional Scopes

    With my 458 win mag No.1, I swapped my RMR for a Accupoint 1-6 with the post. Both have their pros and cons. RMR comes up natural and shoots almost like a shotgun, but the coating on it definitely hurts in low light conditions (as discovered last deer season). The accupoint is clear, has the...
  6. NoStepOnSnek

    Greetings From South Carolina

    Oh come on they ain’t that bad
  7. NoStepOnSnek

    Greetings From South Carolina

    Welcome from an Alabamian stationed in SC
  8. NoStepOnSnek

    Ruger No.1

    I was listening to a podcast with a PH, I think it was Kevin Robertson, but a course they had set up for training one of the fastest times was a Ruger No.1. Basically his second shot was slower than a double, but not much slower than a bolt gun. His third put him ahead of doubles. He ended up...
  9. NoStepOnSnek

    What new Ruger would you like to see in a limited special run?

    I did have the pleasure of talking to Jason at Lipseys after the original plan fell through. They have a few years of plans ahead for Ruger No.1s and their other limited runs, and are not set up to do a run where they ship to individuals (or their FFLs). He did say he was open to ideas to put...
  10. NoStepOnSnek

    How to be polite, but honest, about trophy quality?

    I think it’s important to know why you are wanting to comment For instance, if they asked your opinion, be honest If they have a goal and have done something contrary to that goal, explain to them why. If someone is trying to manage a deer herd to have mature bucks and shot a monster 3 year old...
  11. NoStepOnSnek

    Ruger No.1

    400 H&H 6mm ARC .410 shotgun (because why not?)
  12. NoStepOnSnek

    Anyone own a drilling?

    I’ve shot a lot of coons/possums with a 22over410
  13. NoStepOnSnek

    Norma Oryx .30-06 Sprg 200Grn Performance

    Bought some Norma oryx a couple months ago in 308 and 30-06. 308 has pretty bad cratering, don’t have that issue with other loads. I only have one 308 so I haven’t shot it out of any other rifles
  14. NoStepOnSnek

    Community Designed AH Hunting Knife

    Based off of a recent podcast I heard, how about a leopard tracking bayonet to be fitted on a double barrel shotgun
 
Top