Recent content by NDWoods

  1. NDWoods

    Eland - Who Loves Hunting Them?

    Mine was an add after the initial booking and I am eternally grateful I did. I cannot imagine going back to Africa and not trying for Eland, though I accept getting a bigger one is very unlikely. The liver was AMAZING!
  2. NDWoods

    Flush Cup Swivel on 375 H&H - Good, Bad, or Ugly?

    My custom 375 has both flush cups and reg barrel band and stock sling attachments. NOT traditional and I do not care. I do me and I like having both. My other three DG rifles all just have barrel band and regular stock attachments. I say do what you want.
  3. NDWoods

    Bass Pro 375 H&H

    I was disappointed he said "American Made Design" right at the beginning. That is misleading for the uninformed. Otherwise, at what it is, I think it is a cool rifle I hope they have a lot of success with.
  4. NDWoods

    45-06 Wildcat

    So how about a 416-06 Is that a thing?
  5. NDWoods

    Lock recommendations Pelican 1200 case

    I fly average 2 round trips a month and these are what I use on my Pelican that does not have built in locks. They have lasted 2 years so far. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BH5CVJO?ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details&th=1
  6. NDWoods

    How many people have a 35 whelen?

    The caliber is really growing on me. I am considering having one built with a Proof barrel for my mid range shooting and stalking. I currently have a CVA that stays at the ranch and a Ruger African I am trying to get dialed in.
  7. NDWoods

    Spotting scopes for the range?

    Just for looking at bullet holes out to 200 yds a lower end spotter is just fine, Your reference to 600 yds in my opinion puts you in mid range. I would look at a 60x in the $500 or so range. Edit to add: You might call Vortex and ask them which of their spotting scopes can get you to your...
  8. NDWoods

    New Test: Iron Will Single Bevel Solid 150 gr

    I switched from mechanical to Iron Will two years ago and will not go back.
  9. NDWoods

    Hawaii Hunting Opinions

    I have been many times and the registration takes about half an hour. Just read up on it in advance on where to go and what amount of money order to bring because you cannot use check, cash, or card. I get my money order a day or two before my flight. I only hunt with my own rifles so I plan...
  10. NDWoods

    Want to buy Parkwest 375 H&H Bushveld

    Great rifles. I hope you get one. I was shooting my 416 Rigby this weekend. I will tell you this, in 416 Rigby it is VERY sporty! Kicks the snot out of me but is very smooth and accurate. LOL
  11. NDWoods

    Painting Recoil Pad Orange

    Have you considered replacing the black rubber pad with an orange rubber pad?
  12. NDWoods

    Want To Buy Double Barrel Shotgun For Dove Season (under $1,000)

    I hope you have an AWESOME time with family this dove season. God Bless you sir.
  13. NDWoods

    Joined the Creedmoor Family

    My grail caliber growing up was 25-06 and I never owned one. I am so invested in 6,5 Creed and 300 PRC I may never get a 25 Creed but I like what I see.
  14. NDWoods

    New model 70 Claro AAA

    That will be beautiful!
  15. NDWoods

    Want To Buy Double Barrel Shotgun For Dove Season (under $1,000)

    Thats where the CZs will be made as well. Tough to get a new O/U sub $1k that is not made in Turkey. In fact, I so not know of one.
 
Top