Recent content by MHYOUNG 375

  1. M

    HUNTING Leopard

    The last leopard pic posted is a few years old and I remember it is from Tanzania. A true monster. As far as a 300 gr bullet in 375 for leopard they kill easy with good shot placement so the 375 will work nicely. You don't need a special rifle and bullet for leopard. I've killed 3 leopards and...
  2. M

    Buff dagga boy non exportable

    Nacho, I'm an agent representing operators all over Africa. I'm not allowed to advertise on the Africahunting.com. I will tell you this. The accommadations usually reflect how good the operator is doing and how good his area is. Also the non-export really has little effecton the price. In...
  3. M

    Buff dagga boy non exportable

    Nacho, I'm not trying to be wise guy, but your budget does not come close to what a buffalo hunt with a reputable safari operator is going to cost these days. I'm in the business and the closest I can come to your budget is $14,500 with several extras. If you find a hunt for the price, you're...
  4. M

    Help identify this vintage bullet - 300 gr .375 H&H - no pictures

    It's 375 H&H 300 GR FMJ. I'm old enough to remember those boxes. Those bullets are just round nose solids. I'm not sure that Remington even made the bullets. Interestingly it was paired with a 270 gr round nose cup and core bullet load from Remington with no 300 soft that I know of. I'd bet...
  5. M

    Planning to build a Rigby Shikari

    Steppone, My suggestion is to buy a 470 as they are fairly common as is the ammo. Also take a scoped bolt action 375. The 375 will act as legal backup for DG and be perfect for PG. If you have the available funds and it seems you do please book your first hunt in a real wilderness area. A...
  6. M

    That is not an Echols rifle but a clone as it has the Echols stock and all the bells and...

    That is not an Echols rifle but a clone as it has the Echols stock and all the bells and whistles. Lon Paul who built the rifle does great work.
  7. M

    Good Gun Deals This Week

    Marley, The rifle might as well be an Echols rifle. It wears Darcy's stock and has all the practical bells and whistle that Darcy's rifles do. Of course, there ain't no flies on anything that Lon Paul builds. Mark
  8. M

    Latest on CBP form 4457

    Same goat rope for years. There is no standard that all CBP offices go by. Ask 2 of them the same question and you'll get 2 different answers. It was such a problem that my CBP officer would send you a 4457 thru the mail so you could avoid going to a CBP office. I talked to a client a couple...
  9. M

    Tipping Guide

    This is entirely not done. Nobody should be asking you directly for a tip. In any camp I've hunted from and with the safari operators I represent that would never happen. Whoever is the owner there should be relieving her of her duties and send her packing.
  10. M

    ZAMBIA: Zambia Sitatunga Hunt

    Ok! I actually had them very close in the Bangweulu although the one I shot was 650 yards from the blind. We got down and stalked him on foot to 100 yards. It was cool!
  11. M

    ZAMBIA: Zambia Sitatunga Hunt

    Love the pic with the blind in the background. You were close!
  12. M

    Top 5 plains game?

    Agreed! I've shot 8 bushbuck and 5 different varieties.
  13. M

    Kalahari PG-late winter 2027 for first Africa hunt

    MI Adventurer, If you are looking for a Classic safari experience you might want to book your 7-day PG hunt in an area where you'll likely encounter the Big 5 as well as an assortment of PG. There are unfenced areas in Zimbabwe and Mozambique that will offer you that experience. There nothing...
  14. M

    DG Hunt 2030

    HuntOften36 Since you are asking about leopards this is something to consider. A hunter told me that a hunt for leopard on the Luangwa was too expensive. He suggested he could buy a leopard hunt in Zim for half as much money. As the conversation went on he revealed he'd been on 6 leopard hunts...
  15. M

    Who belongs on the Mount Rushmore of active PHs?

    Johnny duPlooy Zambia, Neil and Gary Duckworth Zim and Moz, Lindon Stanton Zim and Moz, Metzgers Namibia, Clive Eaton Bots, Michael Mantheakis Tanz, Garry Kelly RSA. All these folks will give you a spectacular safari from start to finish. Mark
 
Top