Recent content by Mark458

  1. Mark458

    Leopard cartridge choice; Poll

    338 Win Mag with 250 grain Nosler Partition
  2. Mark458

    Want To Buy 375 H&H Nickel Coated Brass

    PM sent
  3. Mark458

    Ammo box for airline travel

    Box and 3.5 inch thick polyethylene foam blocks from Amazon. Cut foam to fit and made a template and drilled it out. That one fits (42) 458 Lott and (30) 500 Jeffery rounds and keeps it just under 11 lbs.
  4. Mark458

    Ammo box for airline travel

    I have a few of Plano cases very similar. Even custom fit a couple of them for larger caliber cartridges.
  5. Mark458

    Winchester I couldn’t pass up!

    338 win mag is my favorite for everything not DG
  6. Mark458

    Winchester I couldn’t pass up!

    Sold a 375 and bought a 338. You're going the wrong direction turn around. Just kidding, great purchase!
  7. Mark458

    458 Lott vs 450 Rigby

    You make a very good point. Us big bore shooters are extremely passionate and loyal to what we do, but we make up a very small percentage of the market. Ammunition companies aren't going to commit a huge amount of money just so that a few of us can smile and say I told you so to the doubters of...
  8. Mark458

    458 Lott vs 450 Rigby

    A good percentage of hunters load their own ammunition anyway or have them loaded (as I do). As long as the brass is available the cartridge will live on even if the heartbeat is a little weak.
  9. Mark458

    Want To Sell Courteney Boots Selous & Nduna 11.5

    I have a wide foot, but a boot designed to walk long distance has to fit correctly. They are priced very reasonable, but I feel they would be a bit too big.
  10. Mark458

    Golden Wildebeest Custom complete.

    Beautiful mount. Awesome custom work and details. Looks perfect right there in the kitchen. Lol
  11. Mark458

    Want To Sell Courteney Boots Selous & Nduna 11.5

    He says he is a size 13 and they fit a bit loose. Too far away to try them on.
  12. Mark458

    458 Lott vs 450 Rigby

    I agree with you for the most part. Unfortunately it seems that every poorly hit buffalo that was shot with anything larger than a.375 has the blame placed completely on the fact that it was much more recoil than the hunter was able to comfortably handle. This might be the case in many...
  13. Mark458

    Want To Sell Courteney Boots Selous & Nduna 11.5

    I would love to, but missed it by one size. Need a US 12 if anyone else out there has any for sale
  14. Mark458

    458 Lott vs 450 Rigby

    Rigby has gone this long without getting into the ammunition game, I don't see why they would do it at this point. If they were ever going to do it you would think it would have been when Kynoch went out of business.
 
Top