Recent content by Luminous Ham

  1. Luminous Ham

    Transitioning To A Blaser R8 - A Two Months / 500 Rounds Review

    That is weird, I have not visited the Kenya Airways website, ever I think. Anyhow, searching for R8 safety bolt index will find videos.
  2. Luminous Ham

    Transitioning To A Blaser R8 - A Two Months / 500 Rounds Review

    Yes, it can be a bit difficult. A good trick, I think, is to use your index finger on the bolt handle as leverage. See here YouTube video Makes a big difference.
  3. Luminous Ham

    Safari Pants

    Switching to what from what?
  4. Luminous Ham

    Ammo box for airline travel

    And regardless of laws, rules, etc be prepared to do it otherwise if the ground staff decided so, so also always bring padlocks for your ammo boxes.
  5. Luminous Ham

    Ammo box for airline travel

    Depends. Domestic flights in SA they want them separate, and once I was on an international Ethiopian Airways flight that also insisted it should be separate. So I would say: be prepared for it to be separate.
  6. Luminous Ham

    Ammo box for airline travel

    I use this one, perfect for two boxes (40 rounds in total) of 9.3x62 and two boxes of .416, although only 30 of these due to weight. https://www.einhell.dk/p/4530045-e-box-s35-33/
  7. Luminous Ham

    Dimensions of a full mount gemsbok

    Guess depends on the size of it:) I only have a shoulder mount. But if nobody else got something, wikipedia says: They stand about 1.2 m (4 ft) at the shoulder.[7][8] The body length can vary from 190 to 240 cm (75 to 94 in; 6.2 to 7.9 ft) and the tail measures 45 to 90 cm (18 to 35 in)...
  8. Luminous Ham

    My '21 ZIm buff, hyena and chobe bushbuck finally completed

    You got me confused here: the smaller buffalo, euro-type, but the picture is of what to me looks like a regular shoulder mount. Is that because you had two buffaloes and only picture the non-euro mount, or am I missing something? And how does a euro-type skull differ from a euro-mount? Asking...
  9. Luminous Ham

    Any suggestions as to how old this bull is

    I found this, wonder if that shows a dewlap?
  10. Luminous Ham

    Star viewing/dark sky conditions on African hunts

    And remember either Sky Map or Sky View app, they are great for identifying and finding objects up there. And the ISS detector app if you want to see that too.
  11. Luminous Ham

    Star viewing/dark sky conditions on African hunts

    The moon plays a big role. Two weeks ago we saw the milkyway and the ISS, in Mozambique.
  12. Luminous Ham

    Do you switch barrels on your Blaser R8?

    Three barrels (.243, 9.3x62 and .416), swap them depending on target. Scopes for 9.3x62 and .416 can be swapped without screwdriver, sharing a 1-10x24. Store barrels with scopes. Hanging with one of the studs for mounting on stock in a small hole lined with a piece of plastic hole, and the...
 
Top