Recent content by knuckleball

  1. Impala Hunt South Africa

    Impala Hunt South Africa

  2. Kudu Hunt South Africa

    Kudu Hunt South Africa

  3. Kudu Hunt South Africa

    Kudu Hunt South Africa

  4. Blue Wildebeest Hunt South Africa

    Blue Wildebeest Hunt South Africa

  5. Blesbok Hunt South Africa

    Blesbok Hunt South Africa

  6. Warthog Hunt South Africa

    Warthog Hunt South Africa

  7. Blesbok Hunt South Africa

    Blesbok Hunt South Africa

  8. Golden Wildebeest Hunt South Africa

    Golden Wildebeest Hunt South Africa

  9. knuckleball

    SOUTH AFRICA: Plains Game With Dumukwa Safaris

    This trip started in August of 2024 when I bought this trip through an auction at the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation banquet in the DFW area. Plains game for 2 hunters on a 10 day safari. This would be my first trip to Africa and because I would never hear the end of it if he wasn't there with...
  10. knuckleball

    New guy from Texas

    Well gents, I started this thread 2 years ago and tomorrow I leave for the dark continent and RSA. Bags are packed and rifles are in the case. Don't know if I'll be updating while I'm in SA but I will give a full report when we return on August 2. Son will be carrying a pre-64 Model 70 FWT in...
  11. knuckleball

    Jo-burg Hotels

    We'll be at City Lodge on the 19th.
  12. knuckleball

    Getting Close!

    I'm leaving July 18 for RSA with my son. First safari for both of us (plains game) and I cannot wait. Trying to finalize all of the particulars. The countdown has begun! Good luck to the OP!
  13. knuckleball

    Meopta Optika scope opinion

    I have 3 Meopta Optikas and have been very pleased with all three. Good Czech glass. As has been stated though, they are bulky and the power adjust ring is quite large. Low mounting on a rifle is tricky to allow for bolt throw.
  14. knuckleball

    First safari - Airline to fly and why?

    Thank you all for the great insight and suggestions. I'll make a decision on this pretty quick. It is a great thing to have this much experience on the forum to help out. I've been going down the rabbit hole trying to make this as smooth, comfortable and fun as possible. I said I wouldn't do it...
  15. knuckleball

    First safari - Airline to fly and why?

    I've read a few opinions here about how to get to Africa from the states but I have multiple choices for my itinerary and there haven't been any forum updates in a couple of years that I could find. My son and I are headed to SA in July and will be flying into Joberg from DFW. I have the options...
 
Top