Recent content by ILhunt

  1. I

    After almost 3 years, it's time

    I wouldn’t wait too long for Coppersmith to contact me, I was told my crate would take three weeks to clear customs and make it to their warehouse, I finally sent another email well after the three weeks was up and got an “away from the office response”, then when I checked again (initiating...
  2. I

    Wire transfer company?

    We finally got it figured out!! None of the online companies would work since I was sending money to a company instead of a person. My folks' bank did it for us, and now I have an account with their bank also to ensure that I can do this in the future!!
  3. I

    Wire transfer company?

    We did, our bank will not send to south africa
  4. I

    Wire transfer company?

    I hunted in South Africa last summer and am having a hard time getting wire transfers to work. The taxidermist sent me the account info and I need to send the deposit but since the account goes to a company and not an individual it is getting flagged as possibly fraudulent. This was with...
  5. I

    Looking for opinions: Argentina dove hunt prices and extra fees?

    I have now been told that the 375 license per person per day was a typo on their pages and will be 375 per person not per day…that makes it a bit more affordable
  6. I

    Looking for opinions: Argentina dove hunt prices and extra fees?

    I only paid 800 for the entire package of 8 hunters/3 days, so maybe some of this is trying to recoup the poor auction bidding? I’m not sure if that happens
  7. I

    Looking for opinions: Argentina dove hunt prices and extra fees?

    Thank you so much, this is very helpful and was more of what I was expecting!
  8. I

    Looking for opinions: Argentina dove hunt prices and extra fees?

    I have gone on a few auction hunts in the past, and at this fundraiser there was little turnout and we live in a rural area with few people that seem interested in traveling outside of the country. I went to the banquet with the intention of bidding on an African hunt and was prepared to spend a...
  9. I

    Looking for opinions: Argentina dove hunt prices and extra fees?

    We had the winning bid at a banquet (2 years ago have 4 years to do the hunt) on an 8 person Argentina dove hunt. This particular hunt has added some costs to the original agreement and has raised some other costs and I wonder if anyone with more knowledge than myself about Argentina hunting...
  10. I

    SOUTH AFRICA: Hunt With White Lion Safaris

    We hunted with them this summer, you will love it! We haven't heard from red dune yet, so I don't have much info for you about them yet.
  11. I

    Traveling with Minors to South Africa

    I hope that my kids enjoy it as much as it seems yours have! Any tips on last minute things we should make sure to pack for them? We have three kids that are 12, 13, and 16 and I know that they are all at ages where we don't need to entertain them as much, but I am a bit worried about how well...
  12. I

    Traveling with Minors to South Africa

    Thank you so much, we will go ahead and have them notarized and their birth certificates, but this has me feeling a bit better! We leave in a little over a week and I am trying to make sure everything is in order!! I hope that your kids loved South Africa!
  13. I

    Traveling with Minors to South Africa

    My husband and I are bringing our kids to South Africa with us, all kids are minors. I have the Parental Consent Affidavit, I am trying to fill it out and will travel with the kids' birth certificates, but I wonder how to complete the Commissioner of Oaths section, do I need to find a notary to...
  14. I

    Chicago to Johannesburg

    I know it has been awhile since you posted, but I got much cheaper tickets flying out of and into madison than ohare. I am not sure if the prices were just a fluke, but it wouldn't hurt to check, the only downside is that on the way home, I have a four hour layover in ohare before the flight to...
  15. I

    Delta and arriving at night

    Thanks for your response, I probably should have specified, but I am not the one driving, we would be paying for someone to do it through the hunting lodge. I have been to South Africa before and figure that it's not a good thing to even be riding at night. I was considering seeing if we could...
 
Top