Recent content by idiot101

  1. idiot101

    What Scope for a 9.3x74R double?

    Same gun, different lighting, the top one after a much needed stock extension. Chapuis 9.3x74r I'm a huge fan of the red dot especially on quick targets in low or dappled light, however I've come to the expensively late realisation that the height over bore of even the lowest removable reddot...
  2. idiot101

    What are you reading?

    Only on page 19 but excellent so far!
  3. idiot101

    Hello from Scottish Borders

    Is that a Fr Ted reference in the name? Welcome from another Scot in Scotland
  4. 1920's Dickson & Sons 12 Bores Rifles

    1920's Dickson & Sons 12 Bores Rifles

  5. 1920's Dickson & Sons 12 Bores Rifles

    1920's Dickson & Sons 12 Bores Rifles

  6. 1920's Dickson & Sons 12 Bores Rifles

    1920's Dickson & Sons 12 Bores Rifles

  7. idiot101

    Sideclips or not on double rifles..do they matter much..?

    He called them the aptly named 'fancy-back'. 10/10
  8. idiot101

    Sideclips or not on double rifles..do they matter much..?

    Loving this- i hadn't heard of sideclips before but they're very handsome I think. Some good examples from Daniel Fraser I found.
  9. idiot101

    Lets See Your Upland Shotguns

    I've never shot a round action so can't compare but i hear they are amazing. But to be fair so are these. Are round actions more amazing? Noticably more amazing? No idea! Though i would love to find out. I hear Mackay Brown builds round action Double Rifles - those I'd LOVE to try...
  10. idiot101

    Lets See Your Upland Shotguns

    Some arty photos of my shared pair of Dickson and sons 12 bores made early 1920's. Fantastic guns. I've been lucky enough to have been lent purdey's and H&H's and these handle and point better hands down. Especially if walking the moors...
  11. idiot101

    Acceptable offhand accuracy: Right and Left of Luftwaffe WW1

    In 1914 and early 1915, German snipers were engaging British Army positions with impunity from behind steel plates that were impervious to .303 British ball ammunition. In an attempt to counter this threat, the British War Office purchased 62 large-bore sporting rifles from British rifle makers...
  12. idiot101

    WW Greener for sale

    Stunning rifle!
  13. idiot101

    Best Rimmed Double rifle cartridges for plains game?

    Well that's flipping beautiful. I didn't have a dedicated double in 303 on my christmas list but I do now!
  14. idiot101

    A question for British members

    It does for me, the warrent requires the product to have been bought by the royal household for 5 of the last 7 years, there is no profit incentive, and the royal family can afford the best. When considering a product and i see it has a royal warrent I think to myself "here is a brand/product...
 
Top