Recent content by Hunt anything

  1. Hunt anything

    Deer Season 2026

    @Ridge Runner , I take excto your #3, we live 10 miles from the Gulf of America and have 3 chest freezers and an extra refrigerator in the barn and an upright freezer and refin the house. LOL
  2. Hunt anything

    OK Boys, let’s play a little trivia!

    Midway
  3. Hunt anything

    Vetting Outfitters And Shady Practices

    This will be more in the “vetting” of an outfitter but to me more about the PH assigned to my hunt. I believe on a specialized hunt such as cats, big elephant or sitatunga. I would ask about the density of desired game in the area but MOST importantly the amount of experience the PH has with...
  4. Hunt anything

    Cork Gunning Decoys

    Thats a heck of a rig! I absolutely love old wood/cork decoys.
  5. Hunt anything

    Deer Season 2026

    Outstanding bucks!! Good luck
  6. Hunt anything

    Stop in for Supper, friend

    @Field28 and @goldenledger98 , what country do y’all prefer? We normally get 50# of 12-16 count and 20# of 16-20’s. We’re pretty lucky , my wife has a cousin that shrimps and he sells them to us off the boat unless I can get away and go with him and “work” for our shrimp.
  7. Hunt anything

    Golden Wildebeest Custom complete.

    Grass around the rod should add great finishing touch to a fantastic piece!
  8. Hunt anything

    MOZAMBIQUE: BOTSWANA: SOUTH AFRICA: Mozambique, Botswana, & South Africa - In Progress

    Tell Anton that David Plumb from Alabama says hello, I doubt that he will remember me but I dream about getting back there DAILY!
  9. Hunt anything

    What is Your Nemesis Animal?

    A truly big impala, taken some nice rams but that big one has eluded me thus far, I missed an absolute giant in the Kalahari a few years ago and couldn’t get a clean shot on another big one in Limpopo last year. I could’ve shot him in the neck but I despise neck shots.
  10. Hunt anything

    Vetting Outfitters And Shady Practices

    Great perspective, we all need to do our due diligence when choosing an outfitter. Question, was Morgan Potter saying the lion with the lioness was the same lion on the bait? I’ve only seen about a dozen wild lions and even to my uneducated eye I can tell they aren’t the same!
  11. Hunt anything

    MOZAMBIQUE: BOTSWANA: SOUTH AFRICA: Mozambique, Botswana, & South Africa - In Progress

    Did you take some footwear that you don’t mind getting wet? When you head to the swamp line for your buffalo you are going to get your feet wet.
  12. Hunt anything

    MOZAMBIQUE: BOTSWANA: SOUTH AFRICA: Mozambique, Botswana, & South Africa - In Progress

    Looks like the rains are early this year, my recollection was October was really hot and dry. Great time to sit on the pans especially for nyala.
  13. Hunt anything

    MOZAMBIQUE: BOTSWANA: SOUTH AFRICA: Mozambique, Botswana, & South Africa - In Progress

    If you’re staying at the Senna hotel, try the tiger prawns, they are very good or the Pare’-Pare’ chicken.
  14. Hunt anything

    MOZAMBIQUE: BOTSWANA: SOUTH AFRICA: Mozambique, Botswana, & South Africa - In Progress

    Lots of Tiny Ten in Coutada 10, other game as well. Great time of year to be there as well. Some leftover quota may be available on some game that wasn’t taken over the year.
  15. Hunt anything

    Stop in for Supper, friend

    Tonight it’s gonna be what I’ll call “surf & quack”, caught a dozen nice blue crabs in the bay last night and I’m trying to clean out the freezer getting ready for this fall’s hunting. Found a couple of January gadwall so i thawed them out and searing over hot coals. Should be pretty good. The...
 
Top