Recent content by GMcQ

  1. G

    Barnes bullet expansion in large calibers (375 and up)

    I hunt Africa nearly every year for dangerous game, specifically buffalo and use Barnes 525 gr TSX bullets in my 505 Gibbs exclusively. I have also used them in 375’s, 30-06 and a 28N there for plains game. NEVER not had one open up or perform any way but flawless.
  2. G

    Barnes bullet expansion in large calibers (375 and up)

    Sorry, Barnes 525 gr in solid and TSX.. Same performance with my 500 NE and 570 gr TSX. Love Barnes bullets..
  3. G

    Barnes bullet expansion in large calibers (375 and up)

    No problems with my 525 gr 505 Gibbs.. Every buffalo I have shot and recovered a bullet from looks like this. Other bullet is a 525 gr solid recovered from a coudgras shot to an elephant. Small one is my 28 Nosler 170 gr Hammer HHT. Plains game rifle.. quarter chest shot of Sable at 325...
 
Top