Either would work. I’m a big 7-08 fan. Though I did Ackley Improve one of mine and absolutely love it. Anyways I would simply recommend no shots past 400 yards and use a good bullet. Lately I’ve been using 141gr Hammer HBCs loaded around 3050fps out of my 24” barreled 7-08ai. It’s killed aoudad...
Yet another list of reasons why I hope my investment account works out for me. Your rifles are simply perfect examples of something a gentleman should carry afield. Though I would hesitate to take mine into some of the rocky, cat claw infested holes I find myself in chasing coues deer. Beautiful...
When it comes to stalking rifles I think of a Farquharson falling block single shot like F.C Selous carried afield. Which means im with @AZDAVE and my mind immediately goes to a Ruger NO. 1. In fact I picked one up from Dave a year or so ago for that very reason. It’s a sporter model chambered...
Same man, same. I made it all the way to like 5’9” on a good day. Then there’s my “little” brother. All 6’2” 280lbs of him. He can literally pick me up and carry me.
I too am a fan of euros. Done well they are actually rather classy in my opinion. I have a fair number in my house. I do have a fair number of shoulder mounts and furs as well and I have probably another half dozen euros in my office.
Here’s some from home though.
My daughter’s first big game...
This is an incredibly open ended question. I like those because then I get to give my opinion freely. I’m a purpose built gun kind of guy.
For a a plains game rifle in 7mm rem mag id be specific on where I was planning to hunt first. I’d start with average shot distance, followed by what game...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.