Recent content by Doug3006

  1. Doug3006

    Politics

    Every few years, a story makes the news that the US has been war gaming an invasion of Canada. The US has contingency plans for virtually everything! A military response to the invasion of a US city by a renegade faction of the Girl Scouts? Check.
  2. Doug3006

    Hoof & Mouth Disease Detected in Namibia - Sept. 2026

    Imagine what this means to the taxidermists in Namibia! In my case, the taxidermist was just finishing 5 trophies when the quarantine came down. I’m not going to pay until they’re able to ship. That could be weeks, months or never!
  3. Doug3006

    Moving from lead to copper?

    “I wondered if given the min speciations for hunting dg in some African countries- did moving to copper effect those marginal calibres?” None of the countries I’m familiar with have changed their minimums due to the advent of copper bullets. Also, the larger caliber all copper bullets shoot...
  4. Doug3006

    Moving from lead to copper?

    I know that there is no ban on lead bullets in South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe or Zambia. I believe the same holds true among the rest of the major safari countries. That said, I’ve used all copper bullets on Cape buffalo to great effect.
  5. Doug3006

    .300 Holland and Holland, opinions and suggestions on how to feed one

    Great work! Did you have to adjust the follower or make any other adjustments to get it to feed properly?
  6. Doug3006

    Passport question

    Not at all.
  7. Doug3006

    Vetting Outfitters And Shady Practices

    Thanks for the post. I’ve been the victim of a bait and switch deal in SA. I paid for a hunt that turned out very different than described. This was AFTER vetting the outfitter with several past clients who belonged to this forum. Sh*t happens even when you do your diligence. That’s why...
  8. Doug3006

    African travel question

    Just to be clear…..are you getting fares from the agent that are 2X what you could book on your own….or 2X what you paid on your first trip?
  9. Doug3006

    MOZAMBIQUE: BOTSWANA: SOUTH AFRICA: Mozambique, Botswana, & South Africa - In Progress

    Great trip so far. Best of luck on your safari.
  10. Doug3006

    Bourbon in SA / Namibia

    I must admit, I had my first brandy and coke in SA and actually enjoyed it. Haven’t had one since, so that suggests that it’s one of those “had to be there” things.
  11. Doug3006

    Bourbon in SA / Namibia

    A trivial add on. The band that recorded the song in the commercial is the house band at a local watering hole in St. Louis. They’re call JigJam and they play traditional Irish and Bluegrass. Much fun to be had when they aren’t touring.
  12. Doug3006

    33 Nosler -- your experience or thoughts.??

    Or, resurrect a storied brand and latch onto all the panache that comes with it.
  13. Doug3006

    Magna-Porting a Double Rifle?

    Sure! Then thread the muzzles for twin suppressors! Then add a camo green, composite, thumb hole stock for the trifecta!
  14. Doug3006

    Politics

    Beautiful family, @fourfive8 ! I spent a lot of time in the Philippines and immediately fell in love with the people.
  15. Doug3006

    Bourbon in SA / Namibia

    If you like a good bourbon, then bring your own. Good Scotch, if there is such a thing, :giggle:is more readily available in Africa. We found all of the different types of Glenmorangie in Windhoek.
 
Top