Recent content by Docbar

  1. D

    Taking a re-barreled rifled to South Africa

    Thank you all for answering my question. It sounds like I will be fine taking my 300 WSM, although a 30/06 may get the final nod.
  2. D

    Taking a re-barreled rifled to South Africa

    I have a Winchester Model 70 in .300 WSM that has been re-barreled. The receiver retains all original stamping (the name “Winchester” and the serial number). However, the only marking on the barrel is “300 WSM.” Will I have a problem entering South Africa with this rifle?
  3. D

    Lock recommendations Pelican 1200 case

    Does anyone have a specific padlock brand/model recommendation to use on a Pelican 1200 case? I will be using this case to carry ammo on flights to SA. I prefer combination locks. Also, my understanding is I need to use TSA locks for this purpose. I bought two Forge 4-digit locks off Amazon and...
  4. D

    Delta or Qatar?

    Yes, but the layover is significantly longer.
  5. D

    Delta or Qatar?

    Thank you for all your recommendations and thoughts. Great info!
  6. D

    Delta or Qatar?

    Would you choose Delta Okc >Atlanta>Johannesburg, or Qatar DFW>Doha>Johannesburg? Also, how much time do you prefer for layovers in order to minimize the risk of missing your connecting flight and reducing baggage issues? I’m thinking 3-4 hours but could be way off. Thanks
 
Top