Recent content by DJStang

  1. D

    And So My Second Quest for Leopard to Complete My Big 5 Begins!!!!!

    Good luck Sir! Hopefully this last day will be the successful end to this incredible journey.
  2. D

    TANZANIA: Lion, Leopard & Croc Hunt With Ryan Swart & Kilombero North Safaris

    What an amazing first safari. Congrats!
  3. D

    TUFFPACK For Sale

    Like I stated on another thread, I was able to make 3 rifles in soft cases fit into my Tuffpak, all of them with scopes. This is a good deal. The last one I bought was over $200 more than this price. If I didn't have 2 of these cases already I would buy it myself. GLWS.
  4. D

    Tough Pack

    I have 2 Tuffpak cases. I haven't had any issues with mine over the past 5+ years of using. Both of mine are the padlock version. Took them to Africa last May with the family. Fit 5 rifles in soft cases, shooting sticks, light jackets, and some hunting knives in them. No issue with TSA coming or...
  5. D

    Scotland Roe Deer/Salmon

    I hunted with International Adventures for a estate red stag and free range roe deer in 2019. We also visited 4 castle's while there, and my wife hit some balls off the tee box at St. Andrews. Michael and Danielle were great hosts.
  6. D

    Turnbull’s red dot mount for Winchester 71

    To the OP, I have one of these mounts on my Browning reproduction Model 71 rifle. I used a Burris red dot on it. I've shot a black bear and some hogs with this setup, never had a problem. I can take a picture of it when I get home (traveling this week). It was simple to install and helps with...
  7. D

    Delta Airlines - What Am I Missing

    I flew the family over to Johannesburg this past May on Delta. It was Main Cabin, which wasn't too bad. Saved enough over business class to pay for a Cape Buffalo hunt for my son.
  8. D

    Get experience first? Or, hunt dangerous game right away?

    I took my son to Africa for the first time this past May, and he hunted Cape Buffalo and plains game. He's an experienced hunter so I think it depends on your competency and skill level.
  9. D

    SOUTH AFRICA: 3rd Time A Charm With Lategan Safaris

    Congratulations! Your great story telling and pictures accentuate the experience to the readers. Great trophies as well. Eland is on bucket list for my next trip to Africa. I took my son on his first Cape Buffalo hunt back in May, along with my wife for plains game. But can't articulate the...
  10. D

    Safari/ Cartridge Belt and Slide Options and Opinions

    I've used this belt and slide holster for my 458 Lott from African Game in TX. Worked fine on the last Buffalo hunt. They didn't come loose and fall out like I had with a canvas holster before. My son used this cartridge holder for his 416 Ruger cartridges, and it worked good as well. Purchased...
  11. D

    Hornady DGX bonded failure

    I did chronograph the Hornady DGX bonded bullets out of the rifle. It was 2409 out of the 23" African barrel.
  12. D

    Hornady DGX bonded failure

    I just came back from Limpopo on a plains game and Buffalo hunt in the Waterburg region with my son and wife. He used a Ruger Hawkeye African rifle in 416 Ruger using a 400 grain DGX bonded bullet. One shot right thru the boiler room and out the other side from about 50 yards. Never found the...
  13. D

    SOUTH AFRICA: First African Hunt In Limpopo/Waterburg Mountains

    Congratulations on your successful hunt with Matswani. Some very nice trophies! That giraffe is amazing. I believe we saw it in 2022. Or one very like it. Me and my wife hunted with Matswani in 2022, and it was a great experience. So much that in a few weeks we are going back with family for...
  14. D

    Decided to make a embossed Brass Coin set of the Big 5

    I'm taking my son on his first Cape Buffalo hunt in 3 weeks. I would love to have a coin like this to present with his trophy bull. Definitely interested if your looking to sell them. DJ
 
Top