Recent content by Deuce

  1. Deuce

    Mixing Dip and Pack with Finished Taxidermy

    I am getting quotes about $5500 for air and $2500 for ocean.
  2. Deuce

    Mixing Dip and Pack with Finished Taxidermy

    Is it possibly worth having them hold the first shipment and shipping them completed by boat? Would it save anything on shipping cost?
  3. Deuce

    Mixing Dip and Pack with Finished Taxidermy

    We recently finished up our first safari in August 2022. Recently received word that there were some issues with taxidermy and it would not be complete until the end of 2023. We have another hunt planned for May of 2024. It was suggested that I may want to delay shipping out my current group...
  4. Deuce

    Fallow Deer in Limpopo

    Thanks for all the helpful information and feedback. It would never be a primary animal, but was wondering on timing or rut and shedding, which KMG provided good info and great examples of animals. I was wondering if it was a possible add-on to my hunt as my daughter is accompanying me and...
  5. Deuce

    Fallow Deer in Limpopo

    We are looking at heading back to South Africa in late May 2024. Wondering about fallow deer, but not sure of the timing for quality of game. I have read that the rut stars in March, but we would be months later. I don’t want to waste days looking for a quality fallow if they will be broken up...
  6. Deuce

    Trophies are Home

    That’s good to know. I have a Kudu, Gemsbok, Waterbuck, Blue Wildebeest getting completed this month and have been debating between ocean and air. There is about a $3300 difference, but I worry that could be eaten up in port or storage fees and inland freight.
  7. Deuce

    Trophies are Home

    Congrats on getting them home. How did you ship them (Ocean or Air) and would you do it that way again?
  8. Deuce

    243 Ammunition

    How do the hammerheads perform? I purchased some 308 super hammerheads, but have seen very little as far as reviews on them.
  9. Deuce

    Looking to book back to back hunts while in South Africa

    Do you have a price list or package list to look at?
  10. Deuce

    Special Business Hunt South Africa US$2150 - €1965 - AU$3287 Extended to 2026!

    What are the accommodations and hunting areas like?
  11. Deuce

    Looking to book back to back hunts while in South Africa

    Thanks for all of the suggestions. I’m not sure I would be up for driving. I found myself thinking the PH was on the wrong side of the road each time we took a corner. I’m sure I would screw that one up, but overall traffic was pretty light once you got away from Johannesburg. Trophy fees...
  12. Deuce

    Looking to book back to back hunts while in South Africa

    I already have a trip booked for the end of May 2024 in RSA in the Limpopo region. How difficult would it be to find a shorter hunt in the Cape before or after my current hunt and what logistical nightmares does that create? I would love to go after different species and see new areas.
  13. Deuce

    Hello from Virginia

    Welcome aboard and congrats on what looks like a great safari.
  14. Deuce

    Sable & Kudu

    Nice animals! Where were you hunting?
  15. Deuce

    Hello from MI

    Always willing to help another hunter where I can.
 
Top