Recent content by deewayne2003

  1. deewayne2003

    Bourbon in SA / Namibia

    Yes sir, or 7&7’s were quite popular too; funny you mention Beam & Coke, those premixed Beam and Cola cans were present at every gas station.
  2. deewayne2003

    Bourbon in SA / Namibia

    I looked up the Tullamore 14/18 and they’re honestly rather affordable, I’ve just never sought them out as during my power drinking days Jameson was the weapon of choice. Now that I rarely drink I really want something worth having. The Red Breast 21 is as close to perfect as I’ve tasted; and...
  3. deewayne2003

    Bourbon in SA / Namibia

    The mud gives me heartburn, hence the preference for Irish and especially Red Breast 15yo. The video you showed was almost my exact experience at the Jameson Distillery, except I can best describe our tour guide as the Irish George Carlin, un drank distillery reserve joke and all. This is...
  4. deewayne2003

    Bringing Shotgun Back Into Us From Canada

    I have friends that were stopped coming back from an Alberta duck hunt and US customs tried to charge them duty on their shotguns upon return and one guy just paid it while the others argued and eventually were allowed to leave. I have other friends that hunt up there so much they got their PAL...
  5. deewayne2003

    450/400 NE 3" for Elephant

    FYI my .470ne prints 500gr Woodleigh RNSN & 500gr Hydros to same point of impact with the same load and the hydros worked great on my tuskless.
  6. deewayne2003

    Buyer Beware Of Whitworth Arms LLC/doublegunhq

    You Sir, you are the axxhole @vh2q You are consistent though, I’ll give you that!
  7. deewayne2003

    CANADA: Moose Attempt #2 (Successful)

    Well done sir, the work begins on a moose hunt as soon as the trigger breaks…
  8. deewayne2003

    Ordered a Parkwest Arms today!

    Wishing you the best of luck with the build and I’d trying to talk a buddy into buying the same rifle; he hasn’t been on his first Safari yet and is convinced he needs to order a .470ne Heym… Told him a .416Rigby or .404J would be 1/3rd the price and a better step up.
  9. deewayne2003

    Son's first deer rifle

    @Badboymelvin I started loading my own ammo 27 years ago with the .270win and I’ve come to the conclusion that the 140gr Accubond is the best all around .270win bullet available in my opinion. However for practice and pigs I use 140gr Hornady BTSP.
  10. deewayne2003

    Stop in for Supper, friend

    Pork shoulder is done and resting….
  11. deewayne2003

    POLL: What's the best .458 solid bullet for Elephant?

    Well Woodleigh is getting over a complete loss factory fire, their back online with two new USA importers so at least their trying.
  12. deewayne2003

    Are we demanding high enough standards for double rifle regulation?

    My Ken Owen regulated .470ne Sabatti @50yds with bogpod shooting sticks.
  13. deewayne2003

    Stop in for Supper, friend

    @Hunt anything Thank you, that was dinner last night and today it was 88 so we celebrated the cold snap by making chili and cornbread for lunch. had a pork shoulder on the smoker since 6am for dinner.
  14. deewayne2003

    Stop in for Supper, friend

    Baked wild Salmon with spicy sweet potato, zucchini casserole, greens and feta salad with pecans.
  15. deewayne2003

    Crazy Hog Bowhunt Video, using Beast Broadhead

    Thank you for posting that excellent footage; I try to explain to new hunters how far animals can go when mortally wounded and that’s a great example of a wounded animal going down quick but certainly covering ground at speed.
 
Top