Recent content by Corylax18

  1. Corylax18

    A STRANGE CUSTOM WINCHESTER MODEL 70 - 50 BME CAL ? Descriptio

    Maybe a .50 Beowulf? ".50 Beowulf" is trademarked by the inventor, so anyone else modifying a rifle to this spec would need to mark it something else. The action length appears to be in the right range. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.50_Beowulf
  2. Corylax18

    Sako 90

    This video is over 2 1/2 years old (jan 2024) so the future is now. The Sako website does show one model available in .375 H&H, but nothing bigger yet. In the below video from the Same Group (TFB TV) they shot a sub $1000 Tika T3, next to a $4000 + Sako 90 quest and the cheaper rifle shot...
  3. Corylax18

    Community Designed AH Hunting Knife

    Mine delivered today, less than an hour after I left for the airport. Haha. I will be back Friday evening and will finally lay hands on it then. Thankfully, I wasn't charged any customs, it actually moved through the incoming airport rapidly. I've had packages sit in customs for weeks before, so...
  4. Corylax18

    Delta Airlines - What Am I Missing

    Just like United and Delta. (all major US airlines really) No one seems to notice that the US airlines stopped bitching about the gulf carriers receiving subsidies after they received a collective $62 billion in taxpayer dollars during Covid, most of which they never have to pay back. Also...
  5. Corylax18

    Right to Hunt & Fish on Colorado Ballot

    I really hope it gets on the ballot, but I have serious concerns regarding the validity of those 180,000 signatures when you read the fine print of the requirements. I live in South Denver and the closest location they were taking signatures was about a 20 min drive from me. Nobody was there the...
  6. Corylax18

    Back country carry gun

    Yup, this is my choice too. Nothing against Buffalo Bore, but I have this stuff in .357, .40 and 10mm. I usually carry a S&W M&P 360 here in CO, were we only have to deal with Black bears. Its small and very light, I usually forget I'm wearing it. It only carries 5 rounds, but if I need more...
  7. Corylax18

    Stopping by Swift Bullet today

    Covid? He really blamed it on Covid? That was 5-6 years ago, move the F on. If they haven't gotten over the Covid issues yet, they aren't going to. This sounds like a man looking for excuses, not solutions.
  8. Corylax18

    A Bentley for the Bush

    Haha. I love it.
  9. Corylax18

    Thoughts on Current SpaceX Pullback

    You're missing a lot. I used to work in the Satellite internet industry and LEO is not the answer, for lots of reasons, but lets focus on the main one. Attrition. 1-4 satellites fall back to earth and burn up in the atmosphere every day. Lets call it 14 a week. A typical Falcon 9 Launch carries...
  10. Corylax18

    Thoughts on Current SpaceX Pullback

    I know that the Fundamentals don't matter any more, but if we look at the actual numbers, the bottom is Zero. The company is all debt and its only two regular customers (NASA and Starlink) are also all debt. If those two customers go away, the remaining launch volume doesn't come anywhere...
  11. Corylax18

    Want To Buy Double Barrel Shotgun For Dove Season (under $1,000)

    I have a Mossberg Onyx Reserve O/U, I've run thousands of rounds through it since I bought it new in 2012. It breaks clays, kills pheasants and handles 3" magnum Turkey loads like a champ. They dont make that exact gun anymore, but they do still make Silver and Gold Reserves, essentially the...
  12. Corylax18

    Recent Flight Upcharges

    You seem to be extremely confused. You describe a basic, core tenant of Capitalism, then call it leftist? Supply and Demand is as capitalist as it gets. Do you have even a basic understanding of capitalism or socialism or the difference between the two?
 
Top