Recent content by comen

  1. C

    Does anyone reload 358 Norma Mag?

    212 yards. work up for you gun
  2. C

    Does anyone reload 358 Norma Mag?

    Surpisingly little, mostly right where the bones were broken.
  3. C

    Does anyone reload 358 Norma Mag?

    I load for a Husqvarna model 1651. Weighs 8 lbs with a 26" BBL and 2-7 redfield denver scope. I have settled on 72 gr of A2700 and a 250 gr Hawk bullet. low ES and 2810 fps. This is a soft bullet that delivers huge expansion on thin skinned game. I recovered a bullet last year under the off...
  4. C

    Here is where the .405 Winchester would be minimum, but welcome!

    My .405 is built on a pattern 14, and pushes a 300 grain Northern Precision bonded bullet at 2630 according to the Garmin
  5. C

    rechamber my model 1917 enfield 405 win to 400 H&H?

    I checked the case diagrams and the 400 will clean up the 405. I Will have to have to lengthen the mag box. My load in the 405 is 3,3 inches in the unaltered box. I have the same action opened up to 3.6" for my 8mm rem mag and 3.7" in my 338 Jarret In each instance all metal was removed from...
  6. C

    rechamber my model 1917 enfield 405 win to 400 H&H?

    My smith didn't need to open the bolt face from what the rifle had for the 300 win mag. I can pick up 7 stw and 7 rem mag shells from the magazine and eject them even though they only go a short distance into the chamber
  7. C

    rechamber my model 1917 enfield 405 win to 400 H&H?

    My mag still has the belly. I can put 5 in, but can't shoot it with more than 2 down with one in the chamber. This is one reason I'm looking at the 400 H&H, I have another .405 that I could save the Hornady brass for, and make brass from 375 H&H for the 400
  8. C

    rechamber my model 1917 enfield 405 win to 400 H&H?

    used the M1917 magazine fine, but if you load 4 it rim locks when you fire the first shell so I can only load 3. 422 gr paper patch lead at 2067 fps. cutting the magazine and welding a P14 back half would probably address that, but 3 at almost 4000 ft lbs. is enough for the time being
  9. C

    rechamber my model 1917 enfield 405 win to 400 H&H?

    just a couple thousands between 405 and belted magnum rim diameters. My .405 was a 300 win mag when I first bought it
  10. C

    rechamber my model 1917 enfield 405 win to 400 H&H?

    I have a model 1917 Enfield that is converted to .405 win. Will a 400 H&H clean up the chamber without turning a thread off the tenon?
  11. C

    Does anyone reload 358 Norma Mag?

    I settled on A2700 as it seems to be available at the LGS all the time, it is a clone for H414 and W760. Both Hawk and Hornady 250s shoot well. I reached 2870 the 73.5 grains and the Hornady spire point, and 2811 with 72 grains and the Hawk round tip. I recovered my first Hawk bullet last...
  12. C

    Does anyone reload 358 Norma Mag?

    I have a Husqvarna factory 358 Norma. it is very accurate with Hawk 250 Round tip at 2800, and with 250 gr cast GC at 1750. Accurate 2700 for jacketed and IMR 4895 for cast loads
  13. C

    8x68S owner's opinions

    I also like and use Norma brass, though many here in the US regard RWS as the pinnacle of quality. Woodleigh should be back in production after the fire, and I love the weldcore bullets. South Africa has Stewart, and Claw bonded bullets that have great reviews, and would hopefully match the...
  14. C

    8x68S owner's opinions

    Gert, I know you are seeking a bullet made in South Africa, and I applaud your desire for a 220 gr. projectile. That said i would like to recommend the 220 gr. Woodleigh protected point listed in their catalogue for the .325 WSM. I shoot these in my 8x68 at 855.3 meters per second and load to...
  15. C

    8x68S owner's opinions

    I have wonderful results with the 220 gr Woodleigh protected point weldcore at 2800 fps there are pictures of the rifle, and my load info on pg 17 of this thread
 
Top