Recent content by codofish

  1. C

    Leopard cartridge choice; Poll

    I took my 30-06 with 165 grain Remington Core-lokts to Zimbabwe and the PH was thrilled. I was going to take my 338 win mag but it developed a firing problem and it is still at the manufacturer being repaired. After seeing what the 6.5 Creedmoor did to stag and fallow deer with the loaner...
  2. C

    How soon after cataract surgery before you can shoot rifles again?

    Yikes! I didn't think about shooting clays or birds. I will throw some clays this week and see what happens. The only drawback so far with the trifocals is the halos with lights at night. I am told that will improve as my brain adjust but the glare caused by the halos is significant. I had...
  3. C

    How soon after cataract surgery before you can shoot rifles again?

    Hmmm....I didn't articulate my question very well in the title. I am not asking a hunting forum for medical advice and fully acknowledge you are not a bunch of eye surgeons. My Dr. apparently has never shot a gun so couldn't relate to my question and has never been asked about shooting so...
  4. C

    How soon after cataract surgery before you can shoot rifles again?

    I completed my cataract surgery this week with trifocal replacement lenses. My doctor said I could resume normal activities after two weeks but hedged when I asked if I was cleared for shooting rifles and shotguns. I am having a 6.5 Creedmore built specifically for the new Federal 6.5 Peak...
  5. C

    Leopard cartridge choice; Poll

    so what was your history with that particular cat?
  6. C

    Scope recommendations for .458 Win Mag

    I have the Leupold Patrol 1-6 fire dot on my .458 and it has worked perfectly
  7. C

    Has anyone hunted with Emil Ionut Negrusa's Carpathian Hunters?

    Marius contacted me with nice offer but has anyone hunted with Carpathian Hunters?
  8. C

    Has anyone hunted with Emil Ionut Negrusa's Carpathian Hunters?

    Any first hand experience would be helpful. I am looking at a brown bear hunt in Romania in 2027
  9. C

    Any use Miwall Corp.?

    Is this who you are concerned about? https://miwallcorp.com/rifle/338-win-mag/ If so I have bought over $3,000 of 338 win mag ammo from them over the years
  10. C

    Any use Miwall Corp.?

    I have bought tons of ammo from them over the last fives years without a single problem.
  11. C

    Which of these three bullets would you use for leopard in 30-06?

    My PH doesn’t seem to be too concerned about the leopard load. He gave me more feedback on my choice of ammo for the buffalo. Also gave good feedback about the rifle scope for the night hunt
  12. C

    Which of these three bullets would you use for leopard in 30-06?

    Apparently it is in Zimbabwe. Silencers are not legal so I selected the 30-06 since it is the lightest recoiling rifle I have. My 7PRC and 300 win mag are both lightweight mountain rifles and are a little peppy.
  13. C

    Which of these three bullets would you use for leopard in 30-06?

    I have not experimented much with bullets lighter than 165. I hunt with barnes 180 grain TTSX in my 300 win mag and like the Hornady 225 grain CX in 338 win mag for bear. If I have a need for speed I shoot my 7PRC at over 3000 FPS with 160 grain Barnes LRX. I didn't consider the copper...
  14. C

    Which of these three bullets would you use for leopard in 30-06?

    all three of these loads will print a single ragged hole at 50 yards from the bench
  15. C

    Which of these three bullets would you use for leopard in 30-06?

    I have tried every factory load there is other than solid copper. The rifle is very picky and doesn't like anything over 172 grains except the Bergers. It groups the 185 Berger Classic Hunter well and even the 210 grain VLD pretty well but I have never hunted with Berger and after everything...
 
Top