Recent content by Challer

  1. Challer

    R8 300 WM Selous Barrel

    Maybe 100 rounds through it. $2500 or BO
  2. Challer

    Swift A-Frame .375 300 Grain Bullets

    We have lots of awesome bullets these days compared to years ago. We can effectively go down a caliber - in many cases - with the same result. I like TSX but for now am thick with 375 A-Frames - factory Swift loaded, custom bullet and loose bullets. TSX seems the most consistent factory loaded...
  3. Challer

    The Largest Safari Classified in AH history

    You must have an amazing life. Please pm photos of the black gun case, dimensions of the W&G
  4. Challer

    looking for 24 ga plastic shotshell hulls, new or once fired. pa.

    New Federal ammunition at about $1/rounds may be the best path
  5. Challer

    Winchester .375H&H Classic Stainless

    Great looking gun. We are in the middle of the big gun selloff and so prices are a bit depressed. I recently sold many guns - long and short - and can speak first hand.
  6. Challer

    At what point/caliber is a recoil pad necessary vs a steel butt plate?

    All of my Eurotalian shotguns have no pads. Proper mount and fit is paramount.
  7. Challer

    .375 H& Moose Ammo

    With the right bullet and placement anything from 308 to 375 can get the job done. And moose kill hunters every year. I use 375 probably overkill
  8. Challer

    Custom Double Rifle Must Have Features? Opinions Needed

    I'd never heard of them until now. I am curious at how well they reload in a hurry given the elevator versus break design.
  9. Challer

    Just About Heartbroken....

    As part of the shitificatiuon of the US, few care about wood and metal. I do. My M4s wear wood stocks. As do most of the others.
  10. Challer

    Barnes TSX or Swift Scirocco II for Plains game?

    Both will work very well for your purposes. TSX is generally more available.
  11. Challer

    Kreighoff double rifles - worth buying?

    Absolutely. Get ejectors. I prefer 500/416 or 416 RM. but also get a 30 cal and 20G barrel set. Then you can do anything. And a 375 never hurt. That is my set up
  12. Challer

    TSS ammo...is it worth it?

    No time soon!
  13. Challer

    What would yall consider a “Lifetime worth of ammunition” for a double rifle?

    Well, your circumstances and technology can/will change. Currents bullet are far better than a decade ago. Those are all fairly common cases but matching cases are important. I’d keep 500 regulated rds each, 500-1000 cases each
  14. Challer

    30-06...again

    Can she run slugs out of a shotgun - if so the 06 should not be an issue. I have found the plinking loads here to be okay for my 110lbs wife: http://wainsworld.org/Guns/Cartridges/30-06%20Springfield/30-06%20Springfield%20Load%20Data.pdf
  15. Challer

    375 H&H suppressor?

    I use the Dead Air Primal. Most important thing is that it be hub compatible.
 
Top