Recent content by cgcrook1

  1. C

    Video of My Experience in Africa

    I really enjoyed the video. I was fortunate to take my wife and son (then 10 yrs.old) to Namibia in 2007 to hunt PG plus leopard, and now much later in life get to return to finish my dream and hunt Cape Buffalo in the Limpopo in June 2027. I appreciated you sharing the reasons and importance...
  2. C

    How often do you hunt Africa?

    Once every 20 years but started at 43 years old. 2027 will be my second and likely the last but will be worth the wait I'm sure!!
  3. C

    SWIFT A-FRAME 400 grain 416 Rem Mag Ammo

    Thanks for sharing
  4. C

    SWIFT A-FRAME 400 grain 416 Rem Mag Ammo

    Can I ask what you switched to? I am interested in pursuing a different option as well since A frames are basically discontinued/unavailable for the foreseeable future.
  5. C

    Stopping by Swift Bullet today

    .416 400gr A- frames are they coming back in stock or should I just explore other options? Thanks.
  6. C

    Comment by 'cgcrook1' in media 'Bear Handgun Hunt'

    Don't forget to give credit to the fella in the background he did most of the work!
  7. C

    Want To Buy RCBS .416 Rigby Flat Nose bullet seater plug

    Still searching. Thanks!
  8. C

    Want To Buy RCBS .416 Rigby Flat Nose bullet seater plug

    Searching for a .416 Rigby RCBS Seater Plug for flatnose bullets. Thanks
  9. C

    Advice wanted on my 300WM and 375 H&H bullet choices

    Barnes TSX or Swift A-frames for your Cape Buffalo
  10. C

    Frontal shots on buffalo bulls

    Barnes TSX?
  11. C

    Swift A-Frame

    I reached out to them 2 weeks ago about .416 400gr and they told me they are slated to be run late August/September of this year not sure how soon they will hit the street?
  12. C

    Ruger RSM .375 H&H (2005)

    I bought mine new in 2006 chambered in the .416 Rigby. Added a Limber Saver recoil pad and had a gun smith work the trigger down to 4 lbs from like 7. Took it to Namibia in 07 and shot a Leopard, Red Hartebeest and Gemsbok with it. Used 400gr Swift A-frame bullets with 95 grains of RL22. Finally...
  13. C

    What is the best all around recoil pad and why?

    That the Decelerator is what I use on my .416 Rigby and if shooting more than just a few rounds also use a PAST recoil pad which is some added protection.
 
Top